Greater Austin Orthopaedics

Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 6 Reviews

There are 4 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 75 patients per day....

10/02/2017

Wonderful! Complete recovery with no pain. These days I do stretching and hang on an inversion table as recommended, to maintain my mobility. I am VERY grateful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was battling a severe case of sciatica for months, resulting from falling from a tree; I'm an arborist. The good doctor prescribed physical therapy for about 2 months (thank GOD no surgery)!

CATEGORY spine doctor

12/19/2014

The treatment was successful,and I've had no more problems for about 5 months now. If the inflammation returns in the future, I'll definitely visit Dr. Rose again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My problem was a "trigger finger" on one hand, Dr. Rose examined the problem and suggested that a steroid injection in the tendon sheath would probably fix the problem at least temporally.

CATEGORY hand doctor

08/12/2014

CATEGORY orthopedics

06/24/2013

We scheduled an urgent appointment when my son broke his finger. When we arrived at the appointment, they told us that they had accidentally scheduled us at the wrong office and that if we wanted our son to get his urgent medical attention, we would have to drive to the other office on the far opposite side of town. Oh well, even the best offices can make a stupid mistake once, right? Then we sche...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My son broke his finger. We scheduled time with Dr Rose at Greater Austin Orthopaedics to set the bone and provide care.

CATEGORY orthopedics,hand doctor

D

05/16/2013

Awful!  See above.  Since having x-rays confirm there was no cartilege, I started OTC glucosamine, gentle muscle-strengthening exercises, and wearing a knee support.  After about a year, I'm now very mobile for usual days with no pain.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Persistent problems with pain in both knees, especially the right, and the right hip, I was referred to Dr. Chen for evaluation.  X-rays of both knees were made but not the hip.  When he came into the room he said "Well, you need both knees replaced."  Caring for my invalid husband at the time, there was no way for that to happen so I asked about relief measures.  He said he'd prescribe something that would help and that there were no other options.  He repeatedly ignored my questions about the hip pain- never addressed it.  I told him about past very negative reaction to an arthritis medication and he said this medication wouldn't do that and left the room.  I waited for a prescription, was told when they came to clean the room for the next patient that it would be faxed to my provider, that no paper prescriptions were written there.  I asked about a trial sample, again describing past problems, and none were available.  I provided my pharmacy fax number when I got home and they ordered 3 months supply which cost $270.  I took two doses and had the same reaction I'd had to the previous medication.  Living on Social Security, this was certainly not in the budget.  The whole experience was a fiasco.

CATEGORY knee doctor