Dan White's Screens & Things

Founded 1979 • Angie's List since September 2006

We are a family business and have been since 1979 when Dan White decidied to take a chance and start his own company making window screens and doing odds and ends handyman projects. As time went on Dan began to focus and specialize in making, repairing, and servicing screens, glass doors, and screen porches. I (Doug White) began working full time with my Dad in 1984. We have always taken pride in our workmanship and service, and will continue to do so....

Window Genie of West Austin

Veteran-owned, locally operated national services franchise. Fully insured (including worker's compensation), licensed and bonded.

Award 2019

05/11/2019

Doug White answered my telephone inquiry on same day and gave me an estimate two days later. We then requested and received HOA approval and gave Doug the go ahead with work. Doug emailed us with a time estimate for work to be performed; total time from start to finish was approximately six weeks. Doug had estimated seven to eight weeks but was able to work our project in to his work schedule beca...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Screen in porch

CATEGORY screen repair,doors

08/25/2018

Used Doug to install storm doors on the front door (french style double doors) and 2 back doors. Did a great job at a fair price. Doors custom made and very high quality. Less expensive than the big box stores and in my opinion a better quality product. I highly recommend Dan White's Screens & Things for your screening needs!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Storm door purchase and installation

CATEGORY screen repair,sunrooms

05/21/2018

Fabulous work, as usual. I've used Dan White's Screens & Things for two projects now and intend to do continue using their services in the future . They do great quality work at a good price, they're very accommodating, have always been on time, and when a mistake was made - only happened once in my case - they quickly owned up to it and worked quickly and diligently to remedy it. love it!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
make new solar screens using old damaged screens for measurement reference only.

12/15/2017

We always bring our window and door screens to be repaired here. It is one of the truly rare places I've found someone who does good work, quickly, reliably, and inexpensively. A real gem we return to time and time again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
window screen repair

08/29/2017

They did excellent work and did it promptly. Both properties were rentals in the process of being repaired after the previous tenants, so being prompt was essential. On both occasions, the screens were quite large and inconvenient for me to carry in my car. I called several companies and Screens & Things was the only one that would come to the property and take the screen. This was an immense plus...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used them on 2 occasions, once for a rebuilding a screen with a broken frame and again for replacing the net within the frame.

CATEGORY screen repair

We make and install--Solar screens, insect screens,screen porch enclosures. We are a full service screen shop, repairing screens, sliding glass doors and screen porches. We also sell and install retractable screens and solar shades. Our suppliers are Phifer wire products, Structall building systems, and Don Young Co.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, American Express, Discover