Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

A 337 Reviews

Founded 1987 • Angie's List since October 2014

9729 N. IH 35

Austin, TX 75783

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!...

irrigation system (316)drain pipe installation (16)lighting (7)landscape lighting (6)well and water pump (1)lawn & landscaping (14)plumbing (8)lawn care (5)drain cleaning (2)lawn treatment (2)mulch delivering (1)

08/15/2020

Never called to schedule. Never showed up.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Problems with existing sprinkler installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2020

D

08/15/2020

I asked three different companies to bid on this project. Two of the three came in at around $5500. One of those (the lowest) didn't even come to measure the yard - said he could just use Google Earth. Andy's bid was over $18,000, three times the other two bids. Needless to say I did not chose to do business with him. I went with Sean Radabaugh at Southern Landscaping Solutions. They will finish u...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front and back yard lawn sprinkler installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2020

06/04/2020

Great! They were friendly and knowledgeable. Stayed within my budget and did a full assessment of the system. He even reset my sprinkler timer system for me!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sprinkler line repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/28/2020

08/17/2019

Great. Initially they would not be able to come out for another week but had a cancelation and were here the next day. Showed up on time, were very professional and made the repairs within 2 hours and reprogrammed the controller. A little pricey, service charge plus repairs which seems unusual, but it has been difficult to get other companies to come out. I will definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repairs to sprinkler heads and a broken PVC pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2019

08/15/2019

I was never contacted by this contractor, despite sending a message on Angie's list and claiming a deal. Ended up with a different contractor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
10 zone tune-up/check-up

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2019

10/21/2018

Great...the guys were very professional and they took good care of us.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
(1) general sprinkler tune up; (2) Major leak repair caused by pool contractor

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2018

08/21/2018

I needed an emergency repair on my wire that connects my control unit to the sprinklers. I called asking for them to send someone out for that repair. I was told they can come same day and it would cost me $95 for diagnosis and sprinkler “tune-up”, repair was in addition once approved. I told them that I am on Angie’s List and if they require a tune-up for an emergency repair, then I want to use t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Will not honor tune up coupon with repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/19/2020

C

08/06/2018

Chris was great, very experienced & knowledgeable. I just thought it to be a little expensive (~$490) for what I got, which was a marginal improvement in coverage. Like most contractors today everything is priced "per procedure". Backing out the Diagnostic / Trip Charge of $75 and estimated $150 in materials = ~$265 / hr. for Chris + 2 tech's. Other quotes - $650 to replace an existing pressure re...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inspect / test my sprinkler system and adjust and/or replace some sprinkler heads.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2018

06/04/2018

Ok. Work was performed as described. Thought price was too high. UPDATED: Sprinkler system broke again within weeks. Andy’s was not responsive giving me a five day wait before they could be back out. Since this appears to be their problem I had no choice but to accept this appointment.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired 2 valves

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2018

C

05/10/2018

Called to arrange an appt for review and estimate. Spoke with someone in the office named "Brianna." I told her what I needed, and she then took an extraordinarily long time just to capture my name, address and phone number (to be honest, I began wondering if she wasn't busy doing something else at the same time). After all that, she told me that I "should" get a call back from a manager, "hopeful...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair/maintenance of existing outdoor lighting, plus installation of additional lighting

CATEGORY lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2018

Sprinkler repair, maintenance, re-routes, and improvements; drip irrigation installation, repair, and maintenance; outdoor drainage installation, clean-outs, and repairs; landscape lighting design, installation, and repairs.

NEW sprinkler system installations