Mason Mender

A120 REVIEWS

Founded 1981 • Angie's List since May 2006

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

5614 Shady Hill Ln

Arlington, TX 76016

Monty has been in the Masonry business since 1981, he takes great pride in his ability to fix and repair the many problems he comes across the best possible way using the materials that are available today, his integrity is never in question, his work ethic impressive, and he has won the coveted Angie's List Super Service Award 7 years in a row. He is old fashioned in he does not get on the computer much, and prefers talking to each customer in person, and going the extra mile to do the best for each individual problem, So for the best service and attention to details on all your masonry needs please call Monty Woodard/The Mason-Mender at 817-455-9252 Thank you, Mention you're an Angie's list member for a 10% discount off his Services! ...

Masonry (116)Mailbox Repair (25)Handyman Services (3)

01/03/2020

Monty was outstanding. He perfectly matched the existing 60 year old mortar and you can't tell the difference where he repaired the cracks

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Masonry crack repair and pointing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2019

11/23/2019

Monty was great. He came right out and gave us an estimate and we scheduled a time for him to come out. He arrived as promised to perform the work. The repaired section looks great! It’s difficult to tell where or if a repair was done. We will definitely call him for any masonry repair work we need done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The mortar between the bricks in one section on the back of the house disintegrated. We needed to have that repaired.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/18/2019

10/29/2019

Monty was great. Came out within a day or two to give me a surprising low estimate, and returned a couple of days later to do the work. It was a complicated job because it involved structural elements. Monty clearly knows what he's doing and takes pride in his work. He ended up doing more than I'd asked for on his own initiative at no extra charge. My house is close to a hundred years old, so I am...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
re-build brick porch columns

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2019

05/07/2019

Monty arrived on time like he said he would. Started working right away. He was done by lunch time. I must say the job turned out better than I thought it would. Unless you know what to look for , you can't even tell where the garage was hit on a 40 year old home. My hate off to Monty!!!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair brick work on corner of garage that was backed Into

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2019

as always I appreciate the work,and thank for the review, if you ever need some help with anything just give me a call. thanks Monty woodard the Mason mender

04/20/2019

Went through Arlington Handyman and Monty Woodard The Mason Mender number was given to me. He came out, I explained what happen, my area was a mess and a nightmare. He stated he could rebuild it, put in the type of mailbox we wanted that to get mail takes a key. I would hire him again in a split second. Very please, more then pleased with the work he did. God sent us the right person. Normally I g...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
On April 14,2019 a vehicle rammed our brick mailbox, hit neighbor yard next a neighbor took video. APD was called out, our neighbor phoned us, we where out getting ready to celebrate our daughter Birthday dinner. AFD was called bricks where every where. They swept the bricks from our home to the third house. A mess to clean up. Neighbor showed the video to thr APD Officers, someone spotted the car. I received a called from the officer and stated yes I was pressing charges. This was a hit an run and when they where caught they should had been arrested without my ok. It was three of them when they ended up in my neighbor yard damaging her yard as well but mine was worse and cost the most. You can see them leaving the scene of the accident even when they knew others saw them. Waiting on police report to pick up. They even pointed at one of my neighbors.

CATEGORY masonry, mailbox repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2019

Photo for Mason Mender - 5614 Shady Hill Ln, Arlington, TX - 37830946

thank you very much, sincerely Monty woodard the Mason mender

02/06/2019

Good guy. Good work. Good price. Can't ask for anything more...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair to cracked exterior masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/26/2019

thanks for the review, appreciate the work,and I always enjoy my work when I have to work for someone like both of you.have a great year and let me know if you need anything. thanks Monty woodard the Mason mender

08/26/2018

Excellent! Monty was very responsive, timely, and did a great job fixing our brick and stone walkway. We would definitely hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Walkway brick repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2018

05/03/2018

Monty did an amazing job. When the plumber ruined our fireplace to fix a gas leak, I was worried that it would never look the same. Monty fixed it quickly and it looks great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair brick around fire place after gas line repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2018

Photo for Mason Mender - 5614 Shady Hill Ln, Arlington, TX - 37034096

03/19/2018

This review was a long time coming. Sorry Monty, because you were a life saver. He did what he said he would. We had some brick left over from when the house was built. Couldn't believe how seamless it looked.once he did his Monty magic. You couldn't tell a huge hole was ever there. We also had another area where an old intercom system was removed on our patio. Again seamless you could never tell ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A contractor removed our brick to make room for a larger window. taking our money and never finished the job.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2016

11/27/2017

Monty was very professional, honest and direct. He did a great job of blending the replacement bricks into the existing bricks to fix a two story vertical crack on the side of the house.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed a two story crack in brick work.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2017

Mailbox Repair & Replace, Brick & Stone Masonry, Columns & Inserts & Crack Repair.