1st Choice Home Inspections

Founded 2002 • Angie's List since August 2010

1st Choice Home Inspections was founded in 2002 by Tommy Kirby. We are a multi-inspector firm servicing East TN as well as the Greater Nashville Area. Our inspectors are licensed by the State of Tennessee and members of InterNACHI. We provide great care to our clients by performing the best inspection possible. Tommy and his team have performed thousands of residential home inspections throughout Tennessee. After Hurricane Katrina, Tommy was one of a select group of licensed home inspectors hired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to inspect hurricane-damaged homes in Louisiana. Tommy performed more than 1,000 home inspections in the New Orleans area. Since 2004, 1st Choice Home Inspections has completed 12,000 Routine Inspections and 500 S.P.I. Inspections for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Tennessee. When Tommy is not busy inspecting houses, he enjoys spending time with his wife and five children in Knoxville surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains. Licensing and Professional Associations: State of Tennessee Home Inspector License #217; International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), Member in Good Standing; International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2), Member in Good Standing...

Inspect the Smokies

RADON WINTER SPECIAL $59 (regularly $110). Residential Home Inspections including Log Homes, Tiny Homes, Condos and Manufactured Homes. Radon Testing, Pool & Spa, Well Inspection, Water Testing (Conventional and FHA) and Thermal Imaging

01/03/2021

I hired 1st choice for a home inspection in the Knoxville area as a home buyer. Thomas Crews was my inspector. My experience was fantastic! The most important thing is that the inspection was excellent and thorough. I had several things I wanted the inspector to look for. After his inspection, Thomas called me for around 15 minutes on the phone to go over the things I asked about and to tell me a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Inspection & Radon Detection

CATEGORY home inspection,radon testing

07/24/2020

Richard Triggs is amazing. Always courteous, professional, detailed, and timely. He conducts his business with the utmost integrity. He’s completed several inspections for us and we have complete confidence in his work. I highly recommend Richard.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home inspections

CATEGORY home inspection,radon testing,mold removal

05/12/2020

They did a great job! I got my inspection report with pictures the same day. I was able to call and talk with David and get some additional information on an item I wasn’t quite sure about and he explained in detail. I would definitely use them again on any project requiring their services!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Inspection

CATEGORY home inspection

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to assist you in your home purchase.

10/07/2018

It went great, Richard was very thorough and explained everything he found. I feel like it was a good investment to have him inspect a home I thought was almost perfect. His pictures and report was extremely helpful, allowing me to work with the builder to get issues fixed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New home inspection

CATEGORY home inspection,radon testing

thank you! glad we could serve you.

05/06/2018

Tommy was very responsive, customer-focused, and professional. He completed the inspection promptly and provided the completed report promptly. We highly recommend him, his company, and service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stucco Inspection

CATEGORY home inspection

We provide quality home inspections with detailed computer generated reports. In addition, we offer radon testing, asbestos testing, unbiased mold testing, well-water testing, sewer scope inspections, and indoor air quality testing. We also do EIFS inspections. We use infrared cameras and state of the art equipment in all of our testing and inspections. Home inspection fees start at $350.00. The final cost depends on the square footage and location of the house.

We do not offer any repair services. Home inspectors are barred by statute from working on any home that they inspect for one year.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal