L & L Landscaping

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since April 2012

C Rated | 2 Reviews

We have been in buisness for over six years and we employee about 8-10, we are a small family oriented business with a major emphesis on customer satisfaction and quality of workmanship. We want to serve you today and the years to come. No job is too big or too small, we specialize in hardscapes and irrigation systems wether it be residential and or commercial....

Tree of Life Landscaping

We are focused on premium landscaping services valuing honesty, details, and customer service offering year-round services like landscape design and installation, trimming shrubs, installing border blocks, and fall/winter leaf clean-up. We are available to maintain landscape beds by weed removal, adding mulch or rock, and planting bulbs and seasonal annuals like pansies, mums, impatiens, vinca, etc. We also have access to quality nursery shrubs and perennials. In addition, we can improve the areas around your landscape by pressure washing driveways, sidewalks, patios and cleaning gutters. The owner has a horticulture degree and we're licensed and insured. In addition, if you are wanting to do the work yourself but just need some advice or planning, we are here to help. We do not mow or fertilize lawns. We serve God and the community by caring for the landscapes of two local ministries for free and giving discounts to senior citizens and veterans. We pride ourselves on quality work, while delivering great customer service! Monthly plans and virtual meetings are available. Contact us and let us serve you.

03/07/2013

The worst contractor experience of my life. Very uncommunicative, but when pressed always had a reason why things just weren't working out. He had a million excuses starting with cleft palate surgery for his child, followed by blood clots in his leg that required a hospital visit 10 hours and two states away, all the way to prostate cancer. Blamed the subcontractors, that he didn't pay, and finall...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired Matthew Lairsey, owner of L&L Landscaping, to replace a single retaining wall that had fallen with 3 separate retaining walls to level out my front yard. The original plan had to be modified due to the location of underground services (gas, electric, water). He managed to put up less than half of the first wall that was not in keeping with the description given.  There was no footer for the wall, the wall was not level and when he attempted to lay the first course of retaining wall blocks that would be above ground he used a large bed of mortar in an attempt to level the course. The block was only in contact with the structure below via two narrow strips of mortar, with an empty cavity through the other blocks down to the ground. There was no support for this structure and it wouldn't have held the remaining weight of the wall if he had stayed on the job to finish. He left the job and has refused to return the money I had paid up to this point. I've had to hire someone to remove the mess he left, at my own expense, and hire another contractor to do the job. The materials he planned on using were very large pavers and not retaining wall blocks. He is duplicitous, deceitful and nothing more than a scam artist looking to take people's money.

CATEGORY irrigation systems

04/30/2012

From start to finish the experience was great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I bought my first home in July, 2011, with a 60 year old yard and gardens. As spring approached, I realized my yard was not grass, but actually weeds. With L & L's professionals, I now have a gorgeous lawn, plantings, and the outside of the house has been brought back to its original glory. Everyone from the owner, irrigation specialist, to the top soil spreaders were exceedingly polite and answered even my silliest questions. I would recommend this company and it's employees to anyone seeking a pleasant and profesional experience resulting in a fabulous lawn!!

CATEGORY excavators,lawn service,irrigation systems,lawn treatment,drain pipe,hardscaping

Thanks for the wonderful experience of being your contractor

3D Cad redering of before and after design so you know what your getting. Irrigation, Lighting outdoor, pump systems and retaining walls. Pavers, fountains lake and pond and lawn,artificial waterfalls and streams, sod and topsoil, fertilizing and lawn maintence. As well as snow removal and gutters.

concrete retaining walls.