STURGIS VETERINARY HOSPITAL & EQUINE CENTER

Founded 1971 • Angie's List since October 2010

The Sturgis Veterinary Hospital opened its doors to the public in 1952 at the reins of Dr. J.A. Chamley and his wife, Annie. In 1971, the current owner, Dr. John Ismay purchased the hospital....

04/01/2012

Purrfect.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
12 yo aust shephard/blueheeler was walking on only 3 legs, had several different opinions, finally the path led to Dr. Larry Carpenter, and he knew on first visit that she had torn out ger "knee". Advised a TPLO, which she had and has made an amazing recovery, everyone in the dog park is also amazed at how well she has done over the lat 2 years

CATEGORY veterinarian

Thank you for the review of our business and have truly enjoyed working with you and appreciate your business

03/31/2012

My dog had developed bloat in the middle of the night, was successfully saved by the on call clinic, Dr. Vinson/Animal Clinic, and a few days later when she had recovered a bit Dr. Carpenter performed definite surgery to prevent the disaster from recurring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Larry Carpenter did a gastoplexy on my standard poodle to prevent recurrence of bloat / prevent volvulus.  She pulled through and it is hard to keep her quiet to convalesce.  He has on 3 times operated on my dogs, with excellent outcomes every time.

CATEGORY veterinarian

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business

03/31/2012

She is home and doing very well, recently went back on  po steroids, but enjoys walks and life, thanks to my hero.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My 14 yo blue heeler/austrialian shepard  had nocturnal cough, and a large abdominal mass, which he biopsied and knew  ahead of time was benign  ( and in fact didn't recommend removal of the mass), but I elected to do it anyway so she could also have a larynoscopy and see if we could determine why coughing. so was a good time to look at larynx as being tubed for anesthesia. Dr. Carpenter felt she had laryngeal spasms and sure enough hours later was not doing well, I called with several updates, and  he called back to see how she was doing and thought I should drive her back for another look. She certainly was in respiratory distress and IV steroids carried her through. (During the surgery he also was so thorough that he found another mass, and the biopsy confirmed his suspicion that this other mass was cancerous.) Not too many providers provide their cell phone # and if he hadn't called to check on Muffin, I would have lost her  that night. This is the second time he essentially saved this dog, and 3 weeks later saved my other dog. Needless to say he is my "go to" man when it comes to difficult situations involving my "girls".

CATEGORY veterinarian

Thank you for your kind review. We so appreciate your business

Located in the Black Hills of South Dakota just north of Interstate 90, the Sturgis Veterinary Hospital & Equine Center has long been a hub of advanced equine and companion animal medicine, surgery and dentistry.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal