Optical Impressions

Angie's List since July 2009

B Rated | 4 Reviews

09/10/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've had to go back and forth to different Eye Dr's due to changing vision insurance. We've finally levelled off on insurance and have settled on Optical Impressions. I used them for eye evaluations (including contact lens fitting) and Dr. Derrick is by far the lowest price I've found. His bedside manner is exceptional and he took the time to explain my eyes and how they work compared to how they should. When fitting for contact lenses (First time in 35 years) he took the time to explain in detail everything I should do while he applied them the first time. His office assistants were exceptional in coaching me through my first attempts to put in and remove the contacts. They're always friendly, courteous and very thorough in their instruction. My only inconvenience is that Dr. Derrick doesn't accept my insurance (Superior Vision) but the store itself does. However, it's very minor since I can submit paperwork to superior to get out of network coverage. When buying contacts or glasses, the store side handles everything. I took my Son to Dr. Derrick based on my experiences with Optical Impressions in general. After checking a few of the other locations locally (particularly the ones who specialize in pediatric eyes)and their absurd prices, I'm extremely happy I did. My wife visited his office today for her first eye appointment in years and confirms my review, we will continue to use Optical Impressions as long as our insurance remains where it is.

06/03/2013

It was a frustrating experience. I called around looking for a eye care center that accepted VSP. I was told on the phone that they did so I made an appointment and went in. We waited 20 minutes after our scheduled time to be seen. It gave us ample time to browse the frames selection which was excellent. So by the time time the eye exam was completed we were ready to buy frames and lenses. I knew ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Eye appointment and glasses

04/19/2012

They do a great job. They are nice and friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went in for an eye exam.

D

07/17/2009

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased two sets of eyeglasses (bi-focal sunglasses and tri-focal eyeglasses). I was dissatisfied with 1) the quality of how the trifocal lines were placed... too high.; 2) I had an optometrist check the calibration of the lenses on several machines and on two dates and determined the lenses to be in error on two of the three sections of the lenses.There were other areas that caused me to question the quality of the product provided. I had multiple visits, and a letter to the store attempting to initially fix the problem and finally asking for a partial refund. The owner was not willing to give any refund and seemed unable to fix the lenses to my satisfaction.

CATEGORY eyeglass repair