LAWNWORKS INC

Angie's List since January 2004

C Rated | 5 Reviews

Sylvan Gardens Landscape Contractors

Sylvan Gardens is a full-service landscaping company based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We provide design and installation of new landscapes, as well as full-service commercial landscape maintenance for legacy properties in need of year-round grounds management.

07/29/2013

After numerous phone calls and excuses they finally rebuilt the wall.  It still looks straight after a year or so.  A tree was removed in the process.  I felt they could have least offered to plant a tree somewhere else on our property to compensate for the lost  tree.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
they built a retaining wall which started to lean about 18 months later.

CATEGORY landscaper

07/15/2013

Got an estimate 4/12/2013 and signed and gave a deposit on 4/26/2013 for over 5000 worth of work. I asked them to start grass cutting also on this day and did so. Quoted me between 45 and 50 and came in at $48. The only thing they fail to tell you is that they try to charge $144 for the first cut and just stick it on your bill. I gave them a $2700 check for over half of the landscaping work they n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Grass Cutting, removal of bushes, remulch, replant, relocate bushes, replant grass rear yard and hillside work.

CATEGORY landscaper

D

07/27/2012

The design was great but quality of trees and bushes was poor and many of them died within a year.  One bush died within the first month and they refused to replace it at first.  It took them a year to replace that particular bush and that was after repeated contacts by me.  When other bushed died, I refused to call them again because they were such a hastle dealing with so I just decided to go wi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawnworks designed and planted landscape for the front of our home.

CATEGORY landscaper,lawn service

04/01/2012

Lawnworks Inc helped to make the job manageable by suggesting that I have the mulch delivered in two seperate deliveries (at no additional cost, due to the amount I was ordering). By doing this, the job did not seem overwhelming and I could spread the mulch at my leisure. I am very satisfied with their service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lawnworks Inc delivered mulch to my home. They recommended the amount of and type of mulch I needed for my landscaping project. I gave them my requirements and budget limits and they worked with me and my time schedule. They delivered it when and where I requested, taking care not to damage my yard, curbing and driveway. Their driver was very professional and cautious.

CATEGORY mulch

01/27/2004

PROMPT, TIMELY, AND COMPLETE. VERY GOOD JOB OVERALL.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
DELIVERED MULCH IN BULK VOLUME.

CATEGORY mulch

YARD WORK. DELIVERY OF MULCH.