Locust Run Kennels

Angie's List since June 2007

Locust Run Kennels is the area's oldest & largest facility for pet lodging in the Eastern York/Western Lancaster area. We board cats & dogs for the day, week or even long term stays. The owner lives on the premises so your pet is well cared for. The cattery can accommodate 50 cats & there are 300 large indoor/outdoor runs for dogs. The indoor facilities are climate controlled too! Owners are encouraged to bring a piece of home along for their pets: a favorite blanket, bed or toy. We also can accommodate any medication or special food needs for your pet. Tours of the facility are welcome during business hours, we think you'll find them both clean & spacious. Make your reservation today, the spots fill up quickly during holidays & vacation time. And for the health of all our four legged guests proof of vaccinations are required for all animals. We are located near Cool Creek Country Club in York. Call for directions....

Country Comfort Kennels & Camp For Pets

We operate a unique and fun Camp for Pets. Dogs enjoy playing and walking on our 11-30 country acres. Swimming, playing on the doggie playground and plenty of TLC are just some of the daily activities that keep pets entertained. Country Comfort features deluxe accommodations for all breeds and budgets including all indoor, indoor with outdoor patio, or private suites. Our staff is trained and knowledgeable in the field of pet care. We are same family owned & operated for 30 years.

07/07/2017

The staff and facility is great. This was our first time boarding our dog with them, and we'll definitely use them again. The prices were very reasonable, and I think my dog was cared for extremely well during the nine days she was there. There was room for her to go inside and out in her pen. Our dog can be pretty nervous, timid, and defensive around people she doesn't know, but they were experie...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boarding our dog

09/26/2013

We have boarded our dogs here for years for short and long term trips and are always pleased with the responsiveness, care and service. They meet our special requests, are always quick to answer the phone, are easy to schedule with and we feel as though our dogs are in good hands when we board them here.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boarding services for 2 dogs

08/12/2013

Excellent kennel for boarding your furry friends. Amazes me how clean and odor free they keep the place. Organized and very efficient. She even helped carry all the bedding out to my car as I struggled with my two excited large breed dogs. Even recommending my parents from Chambersburg start to board their dog in this top notch York kennel.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boarded my dogs in air conditioned private room for short 3 night vacation

12/30/2012

The kennel was extremely clean, and the hours were also extremely convenient.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed to board my cat during the period that I was moving to a new location in the area. The cat was boarded for four days.

12/03/2012

Over the years, I have used Locust Run for numerous pets, both cats and dogs. They have always given very personal attention to my animals. I feel very relaxed about leaving my pets there.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Locust Run Kennels is a superior place to leave your pet. They keep a very clean kennel with large areas for pets. There are areas that are air-conditioned in the summer, and pets are able to freely go outside into their own area. While it sometimes seems that they are overly careful, this is certainly a good quality for kennels. They always make sure all vacinations are up to date. Our dog is sometimes intimidated by passing all of the other pets when entering the kennel, so they have labeled her a "near the door" puppy! This means she goes into one of the kennels right inside. it makes her experience much more pleasant.

Locust Run Kennels