Chimney Cricket Inc

• Trade License Expiration
  • 09/17/2018

181 Fairview Rd

Woodlyn, PA 19094

For over 30 years, Chimney Cricket has served the Philadelphia area with comprehensive chimney restoration, full service chimney repairs, quality chimney inspections, and reliable chimney sweeping. Why choose Chimney Cricket? Simple. We love chimneys! We are more than certified sweeps, inspectors, and masons. Each of our technicians share a passion for their work. We love the challenge of troubleshooting chimney problems and enjoy restoring masonry chimneys....

chimney sweeping (119)chimney repair (50)chimney cap repair (31)fireplace repair (18)masonry (12)dryer vent cleaning (9)home inspection (3)gas fireplace repair (2)stucco repair (1)

06/10/2019

never answered phone...REDFLAG...never called back..not sure in business

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
chimney issue

CATEGORY chimney sweep,home inspection,masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2019

02/27/2019

We've used them twice, for chimney and dryer vent cleaning. Punctual and professional, they completed the work quickly and gave helpful advice. I plan to keep using them for regular cleanings.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dryer vent cleaning

CATEGORY dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2019

02/05/2019

They were one of a very few companies who would do this type of work. They were very professional and kept us informed of changes in their schedule.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace damper

CATEGORY chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/23/2019

01/20/2019

All went well--the technician, Anthony, was on time, efficient and professional. He asked to check the vent for a second chimney, which vents out the furnace gases, he explained. He found, and showed me, that the horizontal vent pipe was filled with debris. Anthony explained that the chimney liner had deteriorated and collapsed, which causes the gases to not vent out. I appreciated his thoroughnes...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney inspection and cleaning, special deal

COST $95.32

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2019

11/16/2018

I had contacted Chimney Cricket and passed them on to my Parents to have work done on their house in Oct. 2016. I am writing as I have just purchased the neighboring property and have had an opportunity to review the documents my father has and to inspect the "work" that was done. Initially Chimney Cricket was very responsive and prompt. A proposal for the stabilization and repair of the shared ch...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair and stabilization of shared chimney, stucco restoration and chase cover

CATEGORY masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair,stucco

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2018

Photo for Chimney Cricket Inc - 181 Fairview Rd, Woodlyn, PA - 37602064

C

10/11/2018

The technician arrived late and I needed to follow up with office to make sure I had the right expectation, which I did, and then shortly after he called me to let me know he was on the way. Not really too big a deal since he was about 45 minutes later than his window. My gas fireplace was not lighting properly and the pilot light would go out periodically. At the end of last winter I shut off the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair gas fireplace that was not working properly

CATEGORY fireplaces,gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2018

10/09/2018

Very well. Team from Chimney Cricket arrived right on time. Without being asked they used covers for their shoes and put down pads to protect the floor around our fireplace. Since we were interested, they explained what was happening before they did it and kept us informed on their results. Pricing was very fari We will definitely hire Chimney Cricket again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/02/2018

08/30/2018

Everything went smoothly. They were on time, cleaned the dryer vent, fixed the vent-to-dryer attachment, and cleaned up. Then, they showed me what they did. The dryer functions more efficiently now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer vent cleaning

CATEGORY dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2018

08/27/2018

Very well. John did a good job of cleaning and made me aware of a bad creosote condition and sent me some information on ways to resolve the issues.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning and basic evaluation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2018

05/21/2018

They were #1 on my list, but 1st impression failed. If a company doesn't believe in their work to give a free estimate, red flag.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
An estimate on fixing chimney..did not offer "free estimate" as stated om Angie's list.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2018

Thank you for contacting us to inquire about our services. We were more than happy to provide you with up front pricing for our inspection services. All of our inspectors are F.I.R.E. Certified Chimney Inspectors and CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps. Chimney Cricket has been in business for over 30 years providing the Philadelphia area with professional inspection services and comprehensive chimney r...

Chimney Sweep & Inspection. Fireplace & Wood Stove Sweep. Chimney Caps & Crowns. Pointing, Stucco Restoration, and Water-proofing. Gas Stove, Gas Log, Wood Stove, Wood Stove Insert, Gas Insert Installation. Chimney Rebuilds. Dryer Vent Sweeping. Chimney Restoration, Chimney Liners, Cast in Place Chimney Liners, Historic Chimney Restoration.

Live Animal Removal