Hiring a professional to install a fence can increase the price of your fencing project, depending on size and the type of fence.
Find Top-Rated Scranton Fence Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Fence Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Fence Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 177 reviews for
Scranton Fence Companies from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Fence Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Scranton
Dear Angie: What’s involved in restoring and staining a grayed-out fence? – Srinivasa V., Plano, Texas
Chicken wire rarely looks this good
Yard plants, flowers vulnerable to animal trespassers
I would say depends on several things:
1) what % of the job is $400 ?
2) how good is the warranty - against all types of failure, or what - cedar fences usually fail in one of two ways - tornado/hurricane/waves/flood/car collision takes them out, or the posts (if not treated timber) rot out. The fence itself will change color and get fuzzy as it weathers, but should last 15-20 years in most areas.
3) generally, a fence is not something you would pay for a warranty on - if properly put up and with concreted-in copper chromate or copper napthalate treated posts (the green preservative) should last a long time and not need warranty work basically till the fasteners fail or the fence slat boards split too badly.
4) if I was going to spend extra money on a wood fence, it would be for a good quality penetrating sealer, not steel posts.
Fence Company reviews in Scranton
TWO NEW GATES. THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY WAS OUTSTANDING FROM THE BEGINNING
TO THE END. HIS CREW OF 5 ALL FAMILY RELATED CAME TO MY HOUSE ON 10/09/2015 INCLUDING HIS FATHER
MR. AND AFTER COMPLETING
THE WORK THEY CLEANED UP AND TOOKED THE OLD FENCE WITH THEM. MR.
It is not only functional, but beautiful as well. We researched a few companies before choosing
showroom. It was definitely worth the trip to
designs and to get an idea of how they fabricate the doors. We really like the
fact that they are a local business.
finish. They even measured to see how
high I could reach so that I could easily open the inside latch for the mini
grand. No step stool needed! As a
realtor, I know that we have added tremendous value to our home. As a
homeowner, I couldn’t be happier with the product and the company. Thank you
I would use this firm again anytime.
We will ask him to do other work on 'new home' very soon and in the future...
Fence Companies in Scranton, PA
Bear Creek Township
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Scranton.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center