Rich the Electrician - (412) 605-2645

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

445 Pierina Dr

Pittsburgh, PA 15243

The Electrician has been in business since 1987. We specialize in residential electrical projects, but have the ability to handle big commercial jobs. We pride ourselves on providing quality work at an affordable price. No job too big or small we have a team to handle them all. Contact us for a quote today!...

Electrical (91)Lighting (20)Ceiling Fans (5)Landscaping - Lighting (2)

02/13/2020

Rich was easy to work with. He came to our home to get an idea of what needed done. He was able to schedule us within the week. Rich and his partner showed up on time and completed the work in a reasonable amount of time including clean-up. I would definitely recommend Rich and will be using him in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ceiling fans, new outlets, and switch/outlet replacements.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/11/2020

02/13/2020

Rich and his crew are top notch. Returned my call promptly, asked important questions about the install beforehand, came on time as promised and did a great job. I would hire him again in a heartbeat. Great work Rich!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
exhaust fan install

COST $149.99

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2020

02/12/2020

On the same day that I entered the work request online, Rich reached out at the end of his work day to schedule the appointment. He would fit me in between other jobs to get an assessment, so the time would be either in the morning or the afternoon. He reached out about an hour before arrival and he and Vince showed up promptly. They spent a good bit of time trying to figure out what was wrong. Th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
troubleshoot non-working switch & outlets in garage

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2020

02/07/2020

Rich got back to me right away after contacting him. He was at my house the next morning. He replaced two GFI's which in turn solved the issue with the outlets in my bathrooms. I would definitely call him again if needed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom outlets were not working, and GFI's needed replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/07/2020

01/20/2020

As a local Masonry contractor for 25 years it's very refreshing to deal with another contractor who not only shows up when he said he would but went above and beyond to perform the work needed. A wind storm brought down trees, a utility pole and all associated wiring with it...Rich was the first to respond and show up (and that includes the utility companies)..he was a breath of fresh air in an ot...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
service entrance replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2020

01/17/2020

Rich was reliable, on time, knowledgeable and professional. He finished the job quickly and thoroughly. He was pleasant to deal with. We would recommend him to family and friends. Two thumbs up!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Updating Electrical Control Panel

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/09/2020

12/04/2019

This person made appoinment twice and never showed up

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Outside light post

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/04/2019

I’m sorry but I’ve been in the hospital for more than a week, but I called and her told her when I got better I would schedule the project but I guess that wasn’t good enough. I’m still not working.

10/02/2019

Rich and Vince did an excellent work installing a new subpanel and several 220 and 110 lines in my garage. Mounted a small 220V 30amp heater on the ceiling. Highly recommend and will use again for future electrical work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
garage woodshop wiring with 4- 220 lines 2-110 line

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2019

08/02/2019

We had a great experience with Rich! We had our electric updated in our home and he was quick to respond and gave us a quote immediately. He arrived on time a few days later and was very professional. I don’t have much experience with home/electric and rich explained everything that I needed and made me feel very comfortable with the work that needed completed. I will definitely be a returning cus...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Updated electrical outlets and lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2019

06/29/2019

Spent a half hour on the phone with him discussing the problem, and set up an appointment for him to come by and give a quote. When the day came, he totally blew me off-- never called to change the day, or tell me he wasn't coming, so I sat around all morning waiting. When I called him finally, he told me he forgot and hadn't gotten out of bed yet.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical in basement

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2019

I spoke to him about his electrical problem and what it would take to repair the issue according to the code but he didn't want it to be done correctly. He wanted me to just make his knob n tube wiring have electric like it did before he screwed it up and it's not legal to do anywhere I also had a family emergency and was at the hospital until 5:30 am with my wife and slept in so I didn't call to ...

We do any electrical service. Panel Updates, Hot Tub/Spa Wiring, Holiday Lighting Circuit, Lighting install, Outlet replacement to name a few. Anything else please ask.

NA