Cullen Construction

B69 REVIEWS

Founded 1996 • Angie's List since May 2010

8249 Thompson Run Rd

Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Home remodeling company that has myself and my help working hands on, on your projects. (not some g.c. You only see when you sign checks.) I use sub contractors to do my plumbing and electrical work. I am licenced in pa.as a contractor. My # is 055911. Each job is priced seperately. Bigger projects by contract. I can work on smaller jobs by an hourly rate usually $45.00. I carry $2,000,000 liability insurance. (that i have never used). I have never been sued or brought to court. I have alot of repeat customers which speaks for itself. I think of myself as a honest man who just wants to provide a good quality service to people who need someone they can trust with their biggest investment. Their home! I have lived in ireland england and the u.s.a. And have worked in the construction indusrty in all three countries. I have a degree in drafting helpful in instalations and design changes. I belive that the customer is always right!!! I do all and any work that comes my way. Not too proud to do small jobs. You never know where it will leadto. I fixed a leaking skylight for $150.00 and the next spring built the same customer huge wrap around deck for $20,000.00. Call 412-414-5870....

General Remodeling (46)Decks and Porches (18)Doors (16)Handyman Services (14)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (12)Drywall (11)Gutters (10)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (9)Unfinished Carpentry (9)Ceramic Tile (8)Electrical (7)Roofing (6)

04/12/2019

They were going to come out and give an estimate but then I never heard from them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
home remodeling

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/12/2019

01/05/2019

My husband and I were very pleased with the entire 5 week experience when working with Bob and would recommend him very highly. His work was excellent and completed in a timely manner. He was lovely to work with and provided us great insight with our projects. He had a number projects he was working on in our home and many that had rather intricate wood working which he completed with perfection. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removal of pillars, pocket doors x6, removal of load-bearing wall between living room and kitchen, cabinet installation, coffered ceiling trim work, removing door way, chair rail trim work, addition of 2 closets in master bedroom.

CATEGORY closet systems, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2018

Photo for Cullen Construction - 8249 Thompson Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA - 37640470

06/14/2018

I guess he doesn’t check his messages here because he never responded or he’s not interested.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Screen in a patio, install slider, deck and new siding

CATEGORY decks, doors

12/27/2017

Mr. Cullen was punctual and took great care on removing and disposing of the cabinets, for a fair price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed to have old kitchen cabinets removed

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2017

10/24/2017

Bob Cullen was referred to us by our plumber after we had a horrific experience with a general contractor. We had already purchased most of the materials for our full bathroom remodel, which were sitting in our dining room. Bob not only got us on his schedule as soon as possible, but he truly took away all of our anxiety during a very stressful time. It was immediately evident upon meeting him tha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom remodel, including removal and replacement of drywall for walls and ceiling. Tub-to-shower conversion with floor-to-ceiling tile, and additional tile on floor of shower. Shower included cut-outs and bench with quartz seat and sill. Consulted with quartz contractor to assure proper fit for shower and vanity top. Installed new vanity, vanity light, wood-look vinyl flooring and baseboards. Hung all accessories, including large mirror, large cabinet, and six additional items. Replaced bathroom door and jamb.

CATEGORY contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2017

10/04/2017

Bob called back within a day of my inquiry asking for assistance. He was at our property a day later taking care of the project for us. The team did a great job and everything looks great now!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had some loose deck boards and sagging on our front porch

CATEGORY decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/04/2017

05/01/2016

Bob was great- I can't recommend him highly enough. He did a good job overall of sticking to the contracted price and finished the project in a timely manner. He did an excellent job communicating with me throughout the project and I always understood where he was with his work.  I plan to seek out his services again in the future and am lucky to have found him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He patched up some drywall and installed a structural support beam in my garage.

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2016

03/16/2016

Bob and his helper Jesse did a great job. They came when they were suppose to and charged the agreed upon amount. I was really impressed with his skills and the work done. Would recommend using him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reframed wall for Kitchen remodel.

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2016

01/12/2015

Bob delivered a really outstanding bathroom renovation. We love it. We had some delays (not Bob's fault) due to the counter manufacturing and it was over the holiday season. Bob was really flexible and dealt with everything smoothly and with really excellent communication. The work was very high quality, he was timely each day and did what he said he would, he asked us questions along the way and ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bob did a complete renovation on our house's main bathroom. Removed old tub, toilet, vanity cabinet, mirror, window, floor. Installed new standing shower, tile, toilet, lighting fixtures, counter, and custom-made vanity cabinet.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2014

08/11/2014

Bob was very helpful providing good ideas and good pricing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provided quotes for deck project.

CATEGORY decks, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/12/2014

Carpentry, framing, trim, hardwood floors, laminate, ceramic, drywall, paneling, drop acoustic ceiling. Soffit, facia, gutters, downspouts, exterior coverings, siding shingles, windows, doors, skylights, locksets, pocket doors, decks, steps, deck makeovers, sheds, small barns, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, handicap access available, attic steps, additions, painting, interior & exterior, property maintenance.

Large steep roofs, plumbing, electrical, large concrete projects.