Christi Bender CPA

B79 REVIEWS

Founded 2009 • Angie's List since June 2011

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

521 Kimberton Road Rte 113

Phoenixville, PA 19460

CPA - Partner in a small firm specializing in tax preparation, tax planning and Profit First consulting for small businesses. I have over 10 year of experience in the world of tax, 15 years of corporate accounting experience and 5 years as a forensic accountant for civil litigation attorney. That experience helps me advise my clients on a broad range of topics. Through those experiences I realized that it is very important for me to have a personal understanding of who my clients are and provide one to one service. I no longer want to be part of the larger corporate world where clients are "just another account"....

Accountants/Tax Consultants (79)

10/27/2018

Christi has been of great help to me as I have recently made the decision to become self-employed. While I initially hired her for basic tax preparation to ensure I was doing it correctly, she ended up doing this and much more. Her attention to details and constructive suggestions for change have earned my complete trust and faith in her work. She came highly recommended to me from a client of min...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Help with business and personal tax preparation

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2018

10/25/2018

We always enjoy going to meet with Christi. She gave us advice on how to deal with an anticipated tax increase in the business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Taxes and business advice

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2018

03/30/2018

We have had Christi and her professional staff prepare our Federal and state tax returns over the last three years. While our tax returns are somewhat complicated, we could not be more pleased and confident in the services we receive from Christi and her staff. They know their stuff, even with all the changes to the Federal tax code. They are consumate professionals! Switching from our prior tax a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Prepare our Federal and state tax returns

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2018

C

02/25/2018

In addition to charging me double the estimate she gave me at our initial meeting (no additional work was required), errors were made on my filings which resulted in penalties due. Although she paid for the penalties, there seemed to be an overriding sense of arrogance with her from the beginning. During our first meeting, she bragged about how she often fired her clients. Well, after her errors, ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Filing of personal income taxes.

D

05/23/2017

This is one of the oddest and disappointing experiences I've ever had with a professional, and it was my first with an accountant. I won't be going back to this accountant. I juggled the idea of going to HR Block or Christi, knowing full well that I'd pay a lot more for Christi's services. We had some circumstances that I thought might warrant a closer eye (turns out I was wrong, but that's anothe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Taxes, federal, state and local.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2017

This is a case where the client has been in the world of DIY and does not understand the way a busy CPA office operates. Unfortunately DIY doesn't normally obtain the best result and in this case I did obtain hundreds of extra dollars for the client. Unfortunately, she obviously isn't counting that as part of a quality service. I will admit that I am more "casual" than many accountants and most cl...

04/17/2017

As with most people I'm not a fan of taxes. I'm a business owner who realizes the importance of taxes and the effect on the well being of the business that said Christi was very helpful and insightful on understanding my complex LLCs structures.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Great team and great results for business tax planning and all subsequent tax preparations and fillings for a two separate LLCs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2017

D

03/20/2017

Horribly- wasted half a day and spent almost $800.00 instead of about 300.00 and got a return of a couple hundred dollars as opposed to my normal $2500 or more. Same return basically, as the one she did other then different year.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had taxes done. I took them to her and 2 hours later- she spent about 45 minutes talking about whatever and I did not want to be rude. I was astonished when she completed the taxes- I got almost nothing back- usually several thousand- and her price almost $800.00!!!!! The return was exactly the same return I had done at HR Block and paid $300.00 and got $2500.00 back. I have been going to the same accountant at HR Block in Springfield, Pa for years but people insisted I try someone who does it all year long.Well last year went back to my regular accountant at HR BLOCk

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2017

I'm not sure who this client is. I have no client with this name. I do not do taxes while my clients wait and I limit my appointments to an hour. If a client's refund changed by thousands of dollars their situation would have had to change dramatically from the prior year.

01/04/2017

Christi is the best. Smart, funny, inquisitive, funny, honest, funny, If you are looking for a stereotypical CPA - look elsewhere. If you are looking for a expert tax advice with a twist - hire her. Over the years her counsel on tax and financial decisions (some were very unusual) was invaluable. I would give her a very high recommendation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tax advice, tax preparation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/04/2017

10/21/2016

We were very pleased and we plan to continue using her. She was very prompt, extremely knowledgeable, personable, and she was to the point.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use Christi Bender CPA for our taxes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2016

09/13/2016

Went great!.. sometimes we should rate the customer!.. id give myself an F. Christi gets not everyone is great at being organized and is very patient, yet firm about getting it together. Which is exactly what i need to keep me on track. I still derail, but old habits take time to correct. Im confident she will get me to stay on track. Christi is great fun to work with

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Business and personal tax accounting. Finding someone to trust is not easy. But when you do, they are golden.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/13/2016

Tax Preparation & Planning, Accounting & Bookkeeping, Business Consulting, IRS Tax Problems Remote Bookkeeping for Service Professionals

Financial planning - although I have people I trust and can recommend. Audits and Reviews of financial statements - although I can refer you to another CPA who specializes in this type of work. Payroll - Although I can refer you to a CPA Family Owned company that I highly recommend.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal