Zakian

Founded 1923 • Angie's List since June 2004

09:00 - 18:00

4930 Parkside Ave

Philadelphia, PA, 19131

Zakian is Philadelphia's largest, most trusted Oriental rug cleaner. Founded in 1923, the company is owned and managed by Robert Zakian, third generation family member. Zakian also offers a wide collection of fine orientals and area rugs for sale, as well as premium wall-to-wall carpeting and a large selection of top quality remnants. Additional phone: (610) 436-6300....

Oriental Rug Cleaning (93)Carpet Cleaning (49)Carpet Sales and Installation (11)Flooring Sales and Installation (4)

01/14/2019

Great. Very professional. On time pick up and delivery. And an Angie's list discount.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rug cleaning and new pads.

CATEGORY carpet cleaners, carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2019

11/04/2018

Very nice people, great result, would use again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rug cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/04/2018

07/04/2018

Everything was perfect. An outstanding job on the rug and outstanding customer service and communication. Very happy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oriental rug picked up at our house and cleaned.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2018

12/22/2017

They did very poor work on a very expensive carpet and then proceeded to respond most nastily when I complained. Do not take anything of value to them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rug fringe re-woven and a pocket sewn on the back of a rug to hang it

CATEGORY carpet cleaners, carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/15/2017

Our Family has been servicing rugs in Philadelphia since 1923. We appreciate when customers review our services so we can strive to always improve. Mr. [Member Name Removed] had 2 carpets cleaned and repaired 6 months ago, while he did not offer a review at that time, I assume he was pleased enough to bring us 2 more carpets in December for repair only. One of the carpets was a very fine small Per...

06/05/2017

The cleaning was excellent as was the service. They called prior to the cleaning to explain what work required and gave me a quote. The cost was more than I was expecting from an advertised special but the discrepancy was explained and was valid and reasonable. I would have liked to have known little more about how their services worked prior to the pickup but that is just a minor issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had two rugs cleaned

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2017

D

03/04/2017

Not sure if they even cleaned the rug...or if they did the cleaning was so minimal that I couldn't even tell what had been done. Rug was wrapped in paper so I didn't realize the poor quality of the cleaning until I got home. Called to complain but only got answering machine... and no reply.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed rug cleaned to remove cat urine and get a new pad.

CATEGORY oriental rug cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2017

11/07/2016

Brilliantly--will use Zakian again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaning of wool rug

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2016

04/25/2016

I have found the people at Zakian to be very knowledgeable about all kinds of rugs. They carefully examine the rugs and offer good advice on how they will make repairs. They also provide good suggestions for on-going care you can do yourself. All if my rugs were ready when promised. I highly recommend Zakian.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've had a few valuable rugs cleaned and repaired at Zakian.

CATEGORY carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/18/2014

04/20/2016

They were very professional on the phone handling my inquiry. They showed up on time to pick up the rugs. They called to discuss repairs that were needed and confirm what we wanted done, and then they did it. Return service was prompt and on-time. Rugs look great. We were very satisfied and will use them again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Zakian washed, repaired, and moth-proofed five high-quality oriental rugs for us.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/08/2016

04/11/2016

They are great to work with in all respects. Expert at who they do. First rate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cleaned and restored two oriental rugs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2016