Universal Roofing and Contracting Inc

A 149 Reviews

Founded 2002 • Angie's List since December 2010

Philadelphia and South Jersey 856-303-0945

Philadelphia, PA 08077

Universal Roofing and Contracting Inc. is a family owned and operated business. We are a Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey based roofing company with offices in Philadelphia and Cinnaminson, NJ. We have replaced, repaired and installed several thousand roofing systems. We are master installers and have worked with every type of roofing system. We are fully certified, insured and licensed in PA and New Jersey. Most of our work is in Southern New Jersey and the city of Philadelphia and surrounding metro Philadelphia areas. Additional address - 110 Villinger Ave, Cinnaminson, NJ 08077....

roofing (148)gutter installation (15)gutter cleaning (8)skylight installation (8)siding (7)metal fabrication (2)window replacement (2)door installation (1)drain pipe installation (1)ice and roof snow removal (1)

03/17/2020

Universal Roofing installed the new roof and shingles and provided me with a 12 year warranty. The performed the work in one day and maintained a high level of professionalism throughout.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete roof flat roof install using modified Bitumen. Replace drain box and down spout. New shingles for over hang above bay window.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/17/2020

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our company. You were a pleasure to work with. We do strive toward hard to provide our clients with excellent workmanship and great customer service. It sounds as if we have provided this for you. Best Regards, The Universal Roofing & Contracting Team

12/19/2019

They were prompt, pleasant, knowledgeable and in the price ballpark. Job was done on time, and, a slight complication was quickly remedied. Very happy, Highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete new roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/03/2019

D

06/07/2019

I'm sorry to have to write this review, but this company did not complete the work, and has been unresponsive for almost a year of me having notified them of a few issues. I hope that this review will initiate a response. I had work completed to install a new roof almost a year ago. When they left the job, they did not connect the new downspout to the drain in the ground because the drain was not ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Roof - Flat

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2018

05/27/2019

Universal is great. So far Joe is 3 for 3 when it comes to spotting the leak issue and fixing it. I have had other roofers come out and miss the issues he has found and each time the issue found was our problem. This time we had an issue under our wooden second floor deck which rested on a roof-deck. We had the deck removed and then Unviseral came out, replaced the two feet at the end of the deck ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired leaking roofdeck and installed skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2019

Thank you for hiring Universal Roofing & Contracting for your project as your business is greatly appreciated. You and your wife were a pleasure to work with. We strive to provide our clients with excellent workmanship and great customer service. It sounds as if we have provided this for you. Best Regards, The Universal Roofing & Contracting Team

03/30/2019

Terrific, the roofers were so nice and explained everything thoroughly the work is very neat and clean I feel very confident that I hired the right company for the job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brand new roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2019

Thank you for hiring Universal Roofing & Contracting for your project. It was our pleasure to work with you. We strive to provide our clients with excellent workmanship and great customer service. It sounds as if we have provided this for you. Best Regards, The Universal Roofing & Contracting Team

03/15/2019

The crew arrived early and were professional and courteous. Joe the inspector was on hand and worked with the crew. When the job was completed he sent pictures to us and they cleaned up all the debris that was there. They were the only roofing company who responded promptly and followed through. I contacted 6 companies and none of the others even came out to my home to meet with my husband and I a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a new roof, skylight, flashing and drainage put it.

CATEGORY roofing, drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/03/2019

Photo for Universal Roofing and Contracting Inc - Philadelphia and South Jersey, Philadelphia, PA - 37763240

12/17/2018

I'm amending a previous review I had of this company. I wasn't happy with their responsiveness after I called needing someone to come back out and take a look at some problems I was having with my new roof. They have since come back out and taken care of the issue and I'm now very happy. Frank came out and was very nice and professional. I wanted to do this additional review, because I believe it ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New Roof put on

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/17/2018

11/08/2018

Went very well ! I love the work from start to finish ! Great job guys ! Jim and the guys were very Professional and punctual very honest work took pictures of my roof from start to finish ! Love the work they did I would hire them again !...thanks again universal roofing !!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New roof + ripped off mid section

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2018

Photo for Universal Roofing and Contracting Inc - Philadelphia and South Jersey, Philadelphia, PA - 37563334

Thank you for your most positive review. We here at Universal Roofing strive to maintain a good relationship with our clients and work hard to insure all your needs and exceptions are meet. Please don't hesitate to call our office with any questions or concerns Sincerely, The Team at Universal Roofing & Contracting, Inc.

10/20/2018

Following a frustrating beginning with poor initial communication(see previous review), the folks at Universal more than made up for the rough start and completed excellent work in a timely manner. They replaced a flat roof that was leaking and in dire need of repair within 10 days after receipt of the deposit. The work was completed within a day and looks fantastic.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roof repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2018

Thank you for your most positive review. You were [Member Information Removed] pleasure to work for. We here at Universal Roofing strive to maintain [Member Information Removed] good relationship with our clients and work hard to insure all your needs and exceptions are meet. Please don't hesitate to call our office with any questions or concerns Sincerely, The Team at Universal Roofing & Contract...

10/16/2018

Universal Roofing and Contracting was amazing. Super quick and reliable. Jason and his crew are total professionals. I had to get a new roof done and I was getting shut down by numerous companies because of the difficulties of the roof conditions . Not Universal Roofing, they came to my property on time , ready to go and did a fantastic job. A++. highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New rubber roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/26/2018

Roof Repairs, Gutters, Fascia Repair & Installation. Siding. Window & Door Installation. Shutters. Skylights. Ventilation Systems.