POISON IVY HORTICULTURIST

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since November 2008

Hi, I'm Umar Mycka, the Poison Ivy Horticulturist. I identify and remove poison ivy plants from residential and commercial properties in Philadelphia and surrounding regions – including the states of Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Education and Background - Graduate of Temple University, Suma Cum Laude, 1985 - Horticulture A.S. Abilities - 36 years as a public garden Horticulturist for the Philadelphia Zoo. Graduate of Fast Trac New Venture - Entrepreneurship Program, Womens Business Development Center, Philadelphia, PA. June, 2008 - present, Poison Ivy Horticulturist business Owner, 300 clients including Paramount Pictures. June, 2010 and June, 2011 - Taught course on nuisance plants for Environmental & Public Health -NJ at the State Health Inspectors at Rutgers University. Certified & Licensed Commercial Pesticide Applicator in 4 states. Please see this CBS article: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/06/19/you-dont-want-poison-ivy/...

Go Green Lawn and Pest Control

Welcome to Go Green Lawn and Pest Control, your go-to provider of organic lawn care services. Our ideology is two-fold. Firstly, we want to help homeowners everywhere achieve lawns that are as beautiful, lush and green as possible. But the other thing is, we want to do so in a way that helps maintain the integrity of mother nature. In our years of experience, we’ve discovered that it’s absolutely possible to achieve both of those goals. You can also check out our reviews on Google where we have a 4.8/5 star rating!

07/11/2019

Had about 200sf address infested with poison ivy, danger to grandkids and others. The team removed it all and did a fantastic job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Poison Ivy Removal

CATEGORY lawn service

08/09/2018

He was professional and informative, would absolutely use again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
removed posion ivy

06/11/2017

Turned out well. A few poison ivy plants had appeared a few years ago in our yard (birds drop the seeds) and had begun to spread voraciously. Something had to be done. Being quite allergic, it's not something I could even attempt. It's not easy to find anyone else to do it either. Umar's experienced team of gardeners completely and safely removed all the poison vines and roots by hand while preser...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
safe removal of poison ivy from residential ground cover beds, about 1100 sq ft.

CATEGORY lawn service

Hi [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the honest review. It's true we are not a smooth operation when it comes to the initial calls and first appointments. We need to work on that aspect of our service.

08/21/2016

They were prompt and pulled out all the poison ivy in the areas Umar and I had decided on. So happy this summer not to have to worry about getting poison ivy when I am outside doing yard work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had poison ivy in most areas of my yard which prevented me from doing yard work and enjoying gardening. Last summer (2015) Umar came out and gave me an estimate on having it removed. I decided to go ahead and hire his team.

07/17/2016

Umar was great and his team was fantastic. They did an awesome job and performance was aligned with the expectations Umar had set. These guys are experts!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed massive amount of poison ivy from 15+ trees and disposed of it.

CATEGORY lawn treatment

Identify and remove the Poison Ivy and other invasive plants from Residential and Commercial properties.

Lawn Mowing, Leaf Raking, Shrub Planting, Tree Trimming, Paver Installation, Landscaping, Lawn Fertilization.

$10