A to Z Exotic Hardwoods

Founded 2003 • Angie's List since June 2009

A to Z Exotic Hardwoods is your source for some of the world's rarest and most beautiful timbers. 215-GOT-WOOD ***** CALL US TODAY ****** We specialize in procuring the worlds most beautiful woods. With a virtually unlimited palette of colors and figures in native American as well as imported species, we can use the warmth and radiance of real woods to customize your interior projects. With over fifty species of exotic woods we stock all the time including woods from South America, South Central America, Africa, Australia, the Far East and Europe. We have a range of colors, grain patterns, working characteristics and uses. F.S.C. certified species are available upon request. We are specialists in providing unique materials for all your interior and exterior projects. Our team of skilled craftsmen is one of the most talented and conscientious in the flooring industry. In order to meet the scheduling needs of contractors and homeowners we have several teams on the job each day. Each team has experience in all aspects of the industry ranging from the simplest applications to very complex and intricate inlays....

Zoll Framing & Gifts

Owned and operated by the mother-daughter team of Kathleen and Irene Zoll. Zoll Framing and Gifts has been in business since 2006. We specialize in custom picture framing and calligraphy. Call us today for more details!

12/18/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Over all they were the best price I could find (but only did 2 coats with a primer seal). The work was done OK. My only problem was when I called them up about 2 weeks later to ask for a small amount of finish for a scratch, they told me I would need a paid service call. I would think a good service would be to sell the customer a very small can of finish as opposed to paying a $100 for another day lost of my time. The workers were OK.

07/08/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We are remodeling our kitchen and entire second floor and we called A to Z to supply unfinished 5" brazilian cherry flooring. When you call you are dealing with Alex who is the proprietor. After a couple phone/e-mail discussions we figured out what we needed. The first load came out of their warehouse (it was an odd lot) and we had it delivered the next day. The price was excellent. The second load was something Alex found for us - long length (about 80% of the total was 6 feet or more) brazilian cherry that he had milled and shipped direct to use to save cost. Overall quality of wood and the milling was excellent - very little waste due to milling problems or defects. Alex was also very helpful in taking us through the alternatives until we landed on the right solution. We did our own install so I can't comment on that but it was overall an excellent experience.

08/23/2012

I was looking for a source of wood flooring that wasn't prefinished (I can't stand the beveled edges on prefinished floors) and wasn't the typical pine, oak, hickory or maple that you find everywhere.  A to Z had exactly what I wanted, and at prices well below what I expected to have to pay.  The great thing about Alex's selection is that he's open to you going and picking through bundles to selec...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased 228 square feet of 3" tongue & groove, unfinished Sydney Blue Gum from Alex on July 30th.  The wood came in 7' mini bundles, as is standard.  After one week of acclimating the wood in my house I installed it in a 2nd floor room with 2" Bostitch 15-gauge staples.  The wood is beautiful.  About 50 percent of each bundle was full 7' lengths (2-4 boards out of 6).  The other 50 percent varied from 6' to 1', but ranged mostly in the 26"-48" range.  There is plenty of variation in color and grain in these bundles, so the floor has some great character.Milling isn't 100 percent.  I would give the milling a 9 out 10, because in some spots the end widths aren't exactly 3", but about 1/32" narrower, resulting in gaps.

CATEGORY hardwood floor repair

Upgrade Your New Project Call us to upgrade your new construction project. A to Z Exotic Hardwoods custom mills random tongue and grove flooring, custom cabinetry, counters, moldings, decking and any other mill work to your specifications. Choose form over 50 species of exotic hardwoods. Unsurpassed in their beauty, each has its own distinctive characteristics. Rough cut and dressed lumber are available in varying lengths and widths.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, Discover