Kashner Construction Co

Not Rated| 2 Reviews

Old World Masonry

27  REVIEWS
Old World Masonry

Old World Masonry is a full-service, family-owned masonry contractor. This allows us the ability to work with you, our customer, from the project’s start to its preferred finish. We take exceptional pride in our ability to understand and meet the needs of our customers at all steps of the process. Our goal is to build a project customized to your needs and budget that you will be happy with for years to come!

10/27/2014

Craig does great work.  He removed all old cracked stucco from the chimney cap and replaced it with matching stucco.  He also replaced a corroded oil furnace exhaust pipe with a new stainless steel pipe, resealed the pipe and clean-out pipe, and also inspected the whole exterior of the home and roof and made necessary roof repairs to broken shingles.  He was professional and the work has stood the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Recapped stucco chimney ; replaced corroded furnace exhaust pipe with stainless steel pipe, inspected all stucco, repaired and replaced loose and broken shingles, resealed furnace exhaust, cleaned and replace chimney caps.

CATEGORY home builders

04/08/2013

Please refer to the previous statement.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mid October 2011 contacted Kashner Construction Co. 1366 Stackhouse Mill Rd, Newtown Square, Pa. for an estimate to replace concrete steps in front of our homes (808 Park Dr, Glenolden, Pa) and my neighbors house (Marilynn Miller 806 Park Dr Glenolden, Pa). We live in a row home and share the front steps.  The estimate was $3,491.00 total or $1,745.50 each. Mr. Craig Kashner represented himself as experienced and reputable.  On 12/5/11 the concrete was poured.  We paid Mr. Kashner $1,745.50 each with personal checks, which he cashed 12/6/11.  That night it rained hard but Mr Kashner had not covered the steps with plastic.  I was not home for a week, but when I returned I inspected the steps.  The steps were crumbling around the edges, crackes on the sides and every step was not smoothed evenly.   I telephone Mr. Kashner, he said, "The steps were fine," I requested that he come to the house see the issues.  He stated he would call me before he came.  Five days later I still had not heard from Mr. Kashner therefore I called him again. he stated he would arrive on Saturday 12/10/11.  When he arrived he started taking pictures and said that we were picking on everything.  I mentioned that even our neighbors noticed the poor quality of the steps and that he hadn't covered the steps after the concrete was poured.Ms. MIller and I requested are money back and Mr. Kasner laughed at us and said, "If we didn't like the work to take him to court".  My nieghbor, (Ms. Miller) and myself filed a suite in Magisterial District Court 32-2-40, Glenolden Pa. for $3,000.00 each.  On 4/4/12 we received a Judgement in our favor for $2,637.38 each.  Mr. Kashner appealed the decision in Court of Common Pleas, Delaware County Pa.  On 1/23/13 we received a judgement in out favor and were awarded $1,745.50 each.  Mr. Kashner had 30 days to appeal the decision but he did not appeal the decision.  As of today, 4/8/13, we have not received payment. In both court cases we presented detailed pictures of all the issues, a weather report, and the American Concrete Pavement Association Statement.  According to the American Concrete Pavement Association, "If the rain is extremely hard and occurs soon after concrete placement, it is likely that the rain has increased the water-cement ratio creating crazing, scaling and dusting".  The steps now have brown stains from the metal posts used for support under the steps.

CATEGORY home builders