Chernega Construction LLC

A11 REVIEWS

Founded 1974 • Angie's List since June 2010

720 Greensburg Rd

New Kensington, PA 15068

Chernega Construction is a trusted family owned business based out of Lower Burrell, PA that services the surrounding Pittsburgh area. We specialize in home remodeling, new home construction, concrete work, and roof installation. If you can dream it. We can build it. For over 3 decades, we have specialized in residential construction, and commercial general contracting....

General Remodeling (11)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (4)Roofing (3)Decks and Porches (2)Drywall (2)Interior Painting (2)Siding (1)Framing (1)Unfinished Carpentry (1)Concrete Pouring and Repair (1)Windows (1)

08/07/2019

The renovations took longer to begin than I expected because Paul Chernega wouldn't begin until everything that was ordered was on site. This was genius because when the work began, it was nonstop until completion. Since this was the first time I ever hired a general contractor for a project, I was quite nervous about everything!!! However, Paul's crew and subs were excellent, very professional an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remodeled a powder room and added a shower a new kitchen floor andcountertops upgraded the electrical throughout the house

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2019

01/27/2019

The final project turned out better than we could have imagined. The crew was extremely tidy and polite. They worked quick.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
20 foot wall removed and beam installed

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/2019

08/28/2018

OUTSTANDING. Very Professional with TOP-QUALITY workmanship. Easy to work with. Very responsive, Timely and Fairly priced.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
BULD ATTACHED IN-LAW APARTMENT

CATEGORY contractors, concrete repair, decks, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2018

11/11/2017

Chernega Construction is the best contracting company my wife and I have ever worked with. Paul and his crew were phenomenal from day 1. We had a very sizable project that needed completed on a 5000 square foot house that was completely demoed on the inside. Paul and his crew would start at 7am most days and if I had to guess I would say they worked 10 hours per day on average. They would also wor...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
complete renovation

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/11/2017

D

07/03/2017

They called me to ask about it and asked if they could schedule a quote later in the week, but they needed to call me back with availability. I never heard from them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was attempting to get a quote for adding a door between my basement and garage.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2017

04/11/2017

It went very well, on time, on budget, excellent workmanship. Great attention to detail, would highly recommend him to anyone looking to build or remodel

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Paul built us 2 houses & a pole building

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2017

04/06/2017

Great! The job was done in a very reasonable time frame with attention to detail and responsiveness to our ideas and suggestions. We are very happy with the results!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete kitchen remodel, some HVAC & electrical, and installing new skylights

CATEGORY remodeling, roofing, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/03/2017

Photo for Chernega Construction LLC - 720 Greensburg Rd, New Kensington, PA - 34766335

10/20/2016

It went really well, he listened to what we wanted and was really easy to work with. Cleaned up after they were done every day. The workers were very kind and courtieous. Very meticulous and spot on with details. Incorporated a different brand of railing/decking into our plan because Trex quit carrying the aluminum architectural balusters that I wanted, in doing so he had  to do some configuring o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built a deck to my specifications even though he had to integrate two different brands of decking to make my dream deck but he made it happen.

CATEGORY decks, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/14/2016

08/29/2016

The work went extremely well. Construction was coordinated in a timely matter. The contractor?s crew and subcontractors were all competent and courteous. The completed project exceeded our expectations. We are thoroughly enjoying all the alterations.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added approximately hundred square feet to kitchen and provided an access ramp and door to the basement. The 17 foot ceiling in the family room was lower to 8 feet and that upper space was converted to a large second floor closet. The completed work perfectly blended in with the existing house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2016

08/18/2016

I have a true customized house that is unique and not at all builder grade.  it suits our lifestyle and needs.  He also talked us out of an addition of a mother in law suite for the what if our parents would need to move  in with us and made our basement ready to be quickly converted to accommodate an elderly parent needing to live with us.  Paul had great ideas and contacts.  He helped remodel ou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
did a complete gut job of entire house, removed walls, put up beams, relocated stairs, moved kitchen.  Paul was very open and helpful with all my out of the box ideas.  Example I wanted old barn beams for a railing, Paul found a place that had old barn beams and made my dream a reality.  I also didn't want standard contractor grade doors and trim.  He worked with me and my ideas and with some compromise made the home of my dreams.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/18/2016

Construction- Home Additions, Remodeling, New Homes, Design. Siding. Roofing. Gutters. Decks & Porches.