8 Point Construction & Remodeling Inc

Founded 2007 • Angie's List since December 2009

F Rated | 48 Reviews

Welcome to 8 Point Construction and Remodeling! We are a customer-oriented company that performs a variety of indoor and outdoor residential construction and remodeling tasks. The company began with the vision of Matt McCune, a hard worker with a background in construction and a degree in communications. It is Matt's aim to provide exceptional technical construction and remodeling, while maintaining a concentration on customer service. Matt is familiar with the world of construction, and knows that many people have had experience with crews who are rough around the edges. That is why 8 Point is devoted to being an extremely family-friendly business. 8 Point Construction and Remodeling currently services the majority of Southwestern Pennsylvania, with a focus on Beaver, Allegheny, and Butler County....

MASTERPIECE KITCHENS LLC

We are a "ONE STOP SHOP". We help you make all your selections with our having to go to different places. We have all your needs at our office. We are licensed through the state with our conctractors licence. We have sub-conctractos that we work along side of use and do our work. Upon acceptance of the contract there is a 50% down payment and payments due after different stages of the process.

09/25/2018

This company did some work for us years ago (gutters) and my husband called them concerning fixing and ultimately replacing our roof. The call was never returned. Even if one is busy, or booked, it is bad business not to return a call- it speaks volumes about a person.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Leaking roof

CATEGORY roofing

C

03/30/2017

The quality of the project was great. We were pleased with the end result. However, our concern was constantly asking for the money prior to certain portions of the project not being completed. We felt like we were funding some other project. Not a good feel and not professional at all. For that reason, we won't use again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did put siding on our old barn. Did some roofing work and carpentry inside.

CATEGORY remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Some materials I ordered came in dented so I refused them and had to wait for new ones to come in. I requested for a portion of remaining balance be paid as remaining work was minimal. Assumptions about funding another project are unfounded.

10/14/2016

All plumbing and electrical work was done to specifications. The crew were polite, prompt and worked very efficiently. The plumbing problems were detected immediately and repaired in a timely manner. All electrical repairs were done exactly as requested.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bathroom plumbing and electrical work.

CATEGORY custom cabinets, electrician, plumbing

09/19/2016

Very well. Matt showed up on time for the initial appraisal and estimate, and followed up with a former bid in exactly the manner and timing that he committed. Once a final price and terms were finalized, everything went exactly as promised. Matt brought samples early in the week, a color and style was selected and a deposit (50%) was paid. He and his crew started on the date and time they were sc...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of asphalt shingled roof Replace gutters, downspouts, and fascia.

CATEGORY gutter repair, roofing

09/26/2015

When I chose to take my kitchen to my new home, I contracted the carpenter who originally designed and built it over 25yrs ago.  Altho he did a remarkable job of adding a few more cabinets to fill the larger space, his health and family issues soon made it clear I would need other help.  So I turned to Angie's list where I found Matt McCune and 8 Points Construction.  Not only did Matt give me ful...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completed and refinished a very unique custom-design kitchen that had been relocated from my original home to my new home.

CATEGORY contractors, drywall, woodworking

Additions, Room and Full House Remodels, Window & Door Replacement, Siding, Basements, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Painting - Interior & Exterior, Drywall, Trim & Crown Molding