Meyer, Dr. Carl A.

Angie's List since August 2009

B Rated | 5 Reviews

http://www.abms.org. ...

02/05/2013

I have recently changed my primary physician to Dr Meyers as my prior physician misdiagnosed me, my husband and my daughter ! I have a background in healthcare and many years of experience dealing with both good and bad physicians. Dr Meyers was very professional and took the time to address my issues thoroughly. I saw him for a second opinion and was able to get an appointment promptly. His staff...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Excellent Physician

C

09/13/2011

see comments above

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The visit was fine and the staff professional although there appeared to be one patient not too happy with the front desk staff.  I could not figure out what the problem was but I had no problem with the staff.  The staff were more business like in their attitude rather than friendly (but at the same time they were not unfriendly).   The waiting room area is pleasant.  I did not have to wait too long before I was called back to the examination room.  The nurse who took my vitals was very pleasant.  I did not have to wait too long for the doctor, maybe 5 minutes after my vitals were taken the doctor came into the examination room (it is always a pleasure to see the doctor relatively quickly rather than waiting).  My visit was surprisingly short.  The doctor and I discussed my medical history and he reviewed some paperwork I provided the nurse.  He was very professional and easy to talk to; however I had the sense that I was being rushed along --- unfortunately, this may just be the state of health care today to get patients in and out.  I was surprised how quick my visit was given that this was my first visit and that I was following up from an ER visit on a medical issue a few weeks before.   Overall my experience with the doctor was fair to average.  Dr Meyer appears to be a good doctor.  I guess my biggest disappointments were the sense of being a bit rushed (especially as I wanted to ask the doctor a question after I stepped out of the examination room but he was no where to be seen) and the doctor not being concerned about the medical issue from the ER.   I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks and  will see how my second visit goes.  I selected Dr Meyer based on the okay reviews of others on Angie's list.

07/28/2011

I like him a lot.  He is a good listener.  He explains his thought process well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Carl Meyer is my primary care physician.  I last saw him a couple of months ago.

06/10/2011

He is friendly and knowledgeable. I've been seeing him for two years. The environment is fine. I like that they can draw blood right there. The staff is okay. I started seeing him because they kept sending me to the nurse practitioner and she kept misdiagnosing me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Meyer is my primary care physician. He is through the University of Pennsylvania and he is with Internal Medicine Associates.

06/10/2009

This is the first time I met Dr. Meyer. He was very nice and easy to talk to and ask questions. I have been using the docs in this practice for many, many years. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a primary care doctor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had to get a physical form completed so I can go to camp with my grandson.

Internal medicine.