DAN THE HANDYMAN

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since December 2011

B Rated | 23 Reviews

I WORK BY MYSELF AND MY TRIP CHARGES ARE $45.00 MORE THEN 25 MILES. YOU CAN REACH ME 24/7....

JD's Floor Sanding & Refinishing

Locally owned and operated. Over 15 years of experience. We take pride in every single floor we do. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed. We leave your home as clean or cleaner then when first get there. We will show what the samples of stain look like on your hardwood floor cause every floor has different age. We fill all holes with wood filler, set nails if needed, and sand every room 2 to 3 times to get all scratches and stains out, I'm new to Angie's List but not to floor sanding. This is all I do, so don't hire a general contractor that does a little of everything. I have the best equipment for the job, not the small machines you can rent. When you call me, I do all the work myself, some companies have young inexperienced guys that don't know what they are doing also getting hourly rate so they don't care as much. When you call me you get me from start to finish 15 years experience. I guarantee all of my work, Thank you look forward to doing business with you. Also take advantage of fall discounts 20% off all jobs 3 or more rooms.

Award 2019

07/24/2019

Excellent! Dan is very pleasant, gave me a good price, was courteous and punctual, and did a fantastic job

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed handrails installed on my basement stairs.

CATEGORY contractors

07/26/2017

Everything went well I would use him again

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dan had to repair a faucet for me since I live out of state and cannot be there I called him. His price was very fair although not a large job it was a bit time consuming. From my experience he did not pad the bill and he made the repair as quickly as possible

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing

10/29/2016

He was available and showed up within an hour! He finished the work within 90 minutes (I wasn't paying attention to the clock) and he did some caulking to help my house where the oven lived be more draft free. Dan is friendly, knowledgeable, professional and cleans up after himself. His fee is very reasonable. I'd do it all over again, if need be.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home Depot delivery men were not allowed to touch a gas line shut off valve unless it was near the oven. Ours was in the basement. So I called several plumbers to get the oven installed today because we'd been without an oven for almost a week. None do that kind of work or were not available for a week. I found Dan on Angie's List.

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing

07/31/2014

Dan answered my calls promptly, showed up when he said he would, kept me informed when the scheduled work date changed by a few days, and did a great job. The vanity I purchased needed to be modified to fit the tight space, and he and his helpers moved the drawers from one side to the other and shortened the vanity by about an inch so that it fit under the existing mirror. They cleaned up beautifu...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced a vanity and faucets in the bathroom.

CATEGORY countertops,handyman service,plumbing,woodworking

03/20/2014

He fixed the siding on two spots following a winter storm.  The first he used a screw to secure and prevent future occurences but the second one he didn't.  Lasted about 1 year though.  Very professional.  He asked to use our extension ladder which was fine.  He bent it but offered to return to fix in the spring.  He did return.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed some siding

CATEGORY handyman service,siding

MONROE MUFFLER SHOPS, DRESS BARN ,DEB SHOP. COMPANYS SUCH AS MAJOR RENTAVATION,FERRANDINO & SONS,ED SHEILDS REALITOR,PACIFIC PRESERVATION SERVICES

A COMPANY THAT TAKES A PERCENTAGE FROM UR PROFIT