Thomas Tyler Construction

A 47 Reviews

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since September 2010

4711 Woodland Ave

DREXEL HILL, PA 19026

Thomas Tyler Construction is a family owned and operated company serving the residents of Southeastern Pennsylvania. The owner Dominic Dragan, has twenty years experience in the Home Improvement and Remodeling Industry. In an ever changing industry, our wealth of knowledge and years of experience show in each job we do, by our focus being on 100% customer satisfaction! We have 8 employees and do most of the work ourselves. We do use subcontracters when necessary. My PA License is PA027986. Like most companies, Dominic started his business (named after his two sons Thomas and Tyler) with a vision of just simply providing better quality, value and service. We offer free estimates and guarantee our work....

decks & porches (39)patio enclosures (8)window replacement (8)awnings (3)door installation (2)roofing (2)home remodeling (1)glass repair (1)fence company (1)home remodeling (1)

02/14/2021

My initial contact was with their Outside Salesman. I was not originally impressed and wrote a negative review. Since that review, I was contacted by the Owner and we had several conversations. He has sent over formal quotes. Today I agreed to move forward with this project with this Contractor. I look forward to providing another review after the work is completed

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Enlarge current deck with Screen-in Roof and enlarge deck

CATEGORY awnings,decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/13/2021

[Member Name Removed], Thank You for the updated review and kind words. We look forward to working with you and Jan in the future. All the best! Respectfully Dominic Dragan Thomas Tyler Construction

08/26/2020

The team at Thomas Tyler Construction was great. The owner, Dominic, came to survey my property and give me an estimate. He was very knowledgeable and I was impressed at how well he could calculate measurements just by looking. The workers were prompt and efficient. My entire job was completed in 5 days (minus a rain day). I am extremely pleased with my beautiful new deck.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of a new deck

CATEGORY awnings,decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/09/2020

11/12/2019

Work was done well and speedily so there was only one day we couldn't get down the back steps. Estimated start time (given in August) was late October. Work began first week of November. That was a first for us of start time being so close to estimate. The carpenter crew and support crew were professional and helpful to deal with. Good communication all around. We love our safe, sturdy porch and s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of porch deck and substructure plus stairs with railings. Added railings all around porch.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2019

10/25/2016

Everything went great. Thomas Tyler Construction Co did a fantastic job. Workers arrived on time and were very professional. I have used them before and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My above ground pool collapsed and severely damaged my garage. 3 walls needed to be replaced and the roof needed to be repaired.

CATEGORY awnings,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2016

09/19/2016

Great. The place looked much better.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree work, clean up brush.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2016

08/04/2016

We obtained several estimates and decided to go with Thomas Tyler Construction. We chose this company because of the great reviews, plus, when Dominic Dragan - the owner - came over to do the estimate, we were impressed - it was clear that he really knew his sunrooms. He was able to quickly diagnose the problem (skylight holes were cut too large, connection between the sunroom roof and house roof ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In August, 2012 the installation was completed on our new Sunroom. Everything seemed fine until the first rain in the Spring of 2013 when we noticed the skylights were leaking. The installers came back repeatedly over the course of the next couple of years to solve the problem and failed to find a long term solution. After numerous failures, we completely lost confidence in the installers and began searching for someone else.

CATEGORY sunrooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2015

06/16/2016

Dominic and his team from Thomas Tyler were prompt, responsive and did quality work. We had a very ambitious timeline for which Dominic was very accommodating.  Upon demolition of the old structure we found some water damage which they were able repair at a very reasonable cost. The quality of the result was great. We couldn't be happier.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a small deck replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2016

11/23/2015

Domenic responded promptly to our call and listened to our needs. He outlined what he proposed to do for us including bringing the deck and porch up to meet today's building codes. He proposed widening the steps to yard ten feet below and a wider screen door. The job started promptly and the workmanship was excellent. The finished deck and porch are such an improvement and add value to our home. W...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We contracted with Thomas Tyler Construction to rebuild and strengthen our 20-year old combination deck and screen porch.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2015

06/25/2015

Work was done in a timely manner.  Would recommend service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed existing structures and rebuilt small deck and stairs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/10/2015

C

03/27/2015

Update:  we have since found additional problems with the deck construction (oddly spaced deck flooring, rough edges on wood that make staining difficult, loose nails and screws).  Maybe it was the subcontractor folks they used, but I cannot recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did a nice job on the deck for $5000. They would have received a higher rating on that. Then the salesperson sold us an additional service of rebuilding a stone patio. They WAY overcharged us for the service provided. Unfortunately, that ruined the experience for us. |

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2014

Sunrooms, Decks, Windows, Doors, Vinyl Siding, Screen Rooms, Porches, Awnings, Roofing, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Basements & General Construction.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check