O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning

A124 REVIEWS

Founded 1955 • Angie's List since June 2004

381 Burmont Rd

DREXEL HILL, PA 19026

As your local Lennox dealer, were proud to offer the finest heating, cooling and indoor air quality products, with prompt and professional customer service. Regardless of the season or the temperature outside, we can make your home feel perfectly comfortable. Please explore our site to learn more about our quality products and services. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, feel free to contact us any time. Additional phones - (610) 359-8677, (610) 649-6698, (610) 296-4542, (610) 696-7143, (877) 745-HOME. 12 employees. No subs. Charge a flat rate with no travel charges. Diagnostic service fee applies. Extra charge for after hour services may apply. Award winning. See our Angie's List online coupon. Additional website - obrien.zoponline.com....

Heating and Air Conditioning (122)Air Duct Cleaning (8)Water Heaters (5)Dryer Vent Cleaning (1)Insulation (1)

01/07/2020

I have kept them for the past 3 years, and their very professional, their price is reasonable, they're honest people and does a very good job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They seasonal check and maintenance of the Air conditioning system

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

12/19/2019

They have been excellent and reliable. I would highly recommend them and I will use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have been using them for 45 years for HVAC needs. They service my system annually.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2019

05/14/2017

Mike showed up promptly at the appointed time . He efficiently replaced our defective thermostat which was under warranty at no charge . He thoroughly performed our regular A/C check-up and service as per our service contract . He did a SUPERB job ! We have been using O'Brien's for over forty years without any problems . They are a magnificent company !

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing a defection thermostat and routine A/C service under contract .

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/12/2017

10/25/2016

They replaced my failing 27-year-old air-conditioner in the middle of a heat wave. The new unit works great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace and central air conditioning.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/18/2016

10/04/2016

Here is where it goes downhill. Thinking that there was still an issue somewhere I started researching the A/C system and how it works. Well finally I decided to look at the evaporator coils and I found they were clogged up around 30-40%. These are behind the air filter. It was only a matter of removing 6 screws and pulling out the filter to see what was in there. I was really disappointed that th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A/C inspection. I brought O'Brien to inspect my system because it just wasn't cooling properly. Bob came to perform their tuneup inspection. I mentioned to Bob that the unit has been progressively getting worse every year at cooling the system. I will admit the unit is 30+ years old so it probably needs to be replaced. He verified that I replace my filters on a monthly basis and they looked in good condition. This was done back in 2011.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2011

Photo for O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning - 381 Burmont Rd, DREXEL HILL, PA - 33649895

I'm sorry that Mr. [Member Name Removed] apparently had a bad experience with our company over 5 years ago. Unfortunately, since we have had no contact from the customer or been to his home since 2011, it's a bit difficult to defend ourselves. So, I have no way of knowing either what conditions were seen by our technician. At this point, the equipment is also well past a normal lifespan and well b...

08/10/2016

3 years ago I brought in O'Brien to clean our A/C unit. I mentioned to them at the time that the unit was always running on and it wasn’t performing like it should. The tech went through and supposedly cleaned the system. It didn’t get any better. Last year I started getting GI issues and fatigue. I was reaching Lyme as a possibility but also mold toxins which have similar health issues. I had to ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A/C tuneup/cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2013

We were never in this customer's home in 2013 and in fact have not been there since 2011. This is apparently the same issue as addressed by this customer in his review dated 10/4/2016. I'm sorry that the customer had a bad experience, however, I don't know why they posted on the same issue twice five years later, without having had any discussion with us as to his accusations.
C

10/09/2015

I had emergency service performed on my furnace on Saturday morning.  I was more than happy to pay the $149 "diagnostic" fee because since the furnace worked in May and June when we purchased the house, I assumed it was a pilot light issue. The tech, Ryan, was prompt, professional, wore a uniform.  He poked around a little bit, spoke to someone on the phone, commented on how "dirty" the inside was...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Performed diagnostic service on our furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/03/2015

This customer called their home warranty company first and they were not available for 48 hours. We responded promptly on a Saturday. The part that was inoperative was discontinued by the manufacturer some time ago and contains mercury. The long term solutions are a complete control retrofit or a boiler replacement which made more sense economically given the age and condition of the boiler. The c...

09/18/2015

I was extremely impressed with the service this company provided from the time I called them until the job was completed.  Upon calling for service they immediately came out and gave a complete inspection of the furnace and central air.   I had problems with both since I purchased the house nearly a decade ago.  They gave me both an option to repair or to purchase new units considering the age and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed my entire furnace and central air unit and replaced it with a new Lennox furnace and central air unit including outdoor compressor. They removed all debris associated with the job and left the premise in tip top shape.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2015

07/09/2015

I was scheduled for the morning. when no one came by 12, I called. The person I spoke to remember speaking with me and scheduling me. She got my call right out to a technician who came in about an hour.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
seasonal checkup under contract

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/09/2015

04/02/2015

it was fine.  responsive.  We just decided not to do the work

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gave a quote

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/03/2014

Heating & AC, Air Duct Cleaning, Attic Insulation, Water Heaters, Indoor Air Quality, Maintenance & Service Agreements, Repair, & Solar Solutions.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available