Barr's Auto Electric

Angie's List since August 2010

Tire Town

42  REVIEWS
Tire Town

• Award Winning Service • "A+" BBB Rating • Family Owned & Operated since 1964 • Tire Town Auto Service Center has been providing quality tires, parts and service to State College, University Park, Bellefonte and the surrounding Happy Valley & Centre County Areas for Over 50 Years • Call (814) 238-2190 to Schedule an Appointment Today!

12/11/2014

They are very honorable and can provide immediate help in case of emergency without the need to leave your car for a scheduled appointment. Owning a german vehicle is a pain in the neck esp. living in such a small town where the only shop that specializes in your car is the stealership. However, knowing Barrs's shop save me time, money and of course headache. They do their best to resolve the prob...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
changed engine oil and rotated the tires.

02/11/2014

Car failed to start. Wouldn't jump. Couldn't drive. Towed and dropped off late at night, left note/message giving symptoms/details and phone number. Before noon the next day they had diagnosed issue, called for approval and before I got off work the car was done. Ready to go! Great Quality of workmanship and professionalism!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete rebuild of starter motor and solenoid. Same day service, I've replaced starters before but this was an emergency and winter time. No shade-tree mechanics for me when you can't see the grass. These guys were able to repair better than new/replacements with a warranty. Can't get that in the back yard!

09/25/2013

Car wouldn't pass inspection. They tried hard to find someone who could help me and weld the rusty car but I then opted to get a new one. They never charged me a gave me a recommendation to the used car

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went for an inspection

09/16/2013

They are fast, friendly and I use them for all my auto electric needs. Super great people.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical work in the car

09/14/2013

My family and I have been going to Barr's for auto services as long as I can remember. The crew always remembers us, and they have always treated us like family. I would trust any job to Barr's. They have always been fair and very honest about potential costs/additional work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Barr's provides all of my auto services including inspections, services, repairs, and vehicle maintenance.