Cooper's Auto Service, Inc.

A161 REVIEWS

Founded 1946 • Angie's List since June 2005

10356 NE HALSEY ST

Portland, OR 97220

10 Employees. Family owned & operated. Use subcontractors for auto body work. Most repairs are charged by a flat rate. May contact through email...

Auto Service (153)Auto Transmission (13)Auto Inspections (8)Auto Tires (2)Service - Classic Cars (2)Air Conditioning - Auto (2)Auto Mufflers (1)Appraisals - Antiques/Jewelry/Items (1)Fuel System - Classic Cars (1)Transmission - Classic Cars (1)

06/06/2019

Excellent! Very friendly people. I know a battery replacement isn’t a big deal to most people, but it was to me and a smooth experience meant a lot.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New battery

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2019

05/30/2019

Excellent diagnosis, careful attention to details, terrific follow up. Service and office staff were attentive, professional, and extremely helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install new water pump; repair air conditioning; replace seatbelt

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2019

04/08/2019

Helpful, very timely, professional. Would recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace seat belt with new one. So, cost of new seat belt from dealer and then install.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2019

07/07/2018

Horrible - see above. Condescending and crooked.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brought my son’s car here after he hit a curb on the ice. We asked for a full repair - Cooper’s said that could be done for $1600. We completed the repair. Directly after this the car started making a loud vibration. When we took it in, SHOCKER, it needed MORE work. They quoted us $800+ for a wheel bearing repair. And they couldn’t get to it for several days. We picked up the car & took it to a suspension specialist. $145 for the repair, ready the same day. Do NOT use Cooper’s unless you want to be talked to like a child and ripped off. So shameful - I’m sure the original owner would be embarrassed by this.

08/27/2017

I found Cooper's on Angie's List a few years ago and have been using them for my 2005 Mazda work ever since.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

06/12/2017

Was able to get scheduled promptly, they kept me informed of what they found, and indicated what were immediate needs vs. potential delayed items. Very happy with the work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brake and strut replacement.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2017

03/29/2017

Fine, though they could've talked me into replacing the throwout if they'd tried at all.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clutch replacement

CATEGORY auto repair, transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/29/2017

03/09/2017

They were awesome. They get A's for everything. I highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did a lube job because earlier in February they had given me a new engine.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2017

02/28/2017

I found the staff at Cooper's to be responsive, professional and friendly. The work was done quickly and very soon after I requested it. The second time I went in I was greeted by name, and the service person knew exactly what I wanted done without my having to remind them. I'm very impressed with every aspect of their operation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
First I had my manual transmission worked on. Then I had a valve cover gasket replaced.

CATEGORY auto repair, transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/23/2017

01/22/2017

I've taken my vehicles into Cooper's a couple of times and have always been happy with the service provided.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Combined for a couple of vehicles.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2016

Auto service, major & minor engine repair, scheduled factory maintenance, brakes, air conditioning & heating systems, clutch & transmission, maintenance tune-ups, fuel injection, computer diagnostics, electrical systems, deq adjustments, suspension & drive axle, & lube, oil, filter & service.

Not Applicable