Callahan Electric

A45 REVIEWS

Founded 2011 • Angie's List since March 2012

5711 SE Foster Road

Portland, OR 97202

Callahan Electric is a small shop that focuses on detail and price. We are less expensive from most shops because our overhead is low, and our attention to detail is why we have lots of repeat business and many referrals....

Electrical (45)Lighting (4)Ceiling Fans (2)

10/17/2019

Steve showed up to bid right on time. I already had 2 bids from well rated Angie's List electricians, one for $2700 and one for $1850. He sent me his bid for $1600 by email the next day. The work was scheduled out about a month, which was fine. When the day arrived, his guys showed up a few minutes early and went to work. The job took about 6 hours. No real surprises, and no additions to the estim...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace Federal Pacific 200amp service panel

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure doing the work on your panel.

10/15/2019

N/A, since work was never estimated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I requested estimates to be done for work, and they never responded

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2019

05/22/2019

The serviceman was professional, courteous, and to the point. He didn't believe we needed a breaker panel surge protector, just some 'surge strips' for sensitive electronics. He pointed out those outlets which were grounded and those which were not, and suggested GFCI outlets where none exist near water faucets.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed an assessment of our electrical system.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2019

03/17/2019

He was prompt with scheduling and the quote. In person and in the quote he outlined a couple different ways to tackle this project and clearly outlined the pros and cons of each. The work was done much quicker than I thought and very well done. I will definitely call back the next time I need electrical work done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sub panel installation for EV charger

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2019

08/10/2018

I called to get an estimate on completing several projects in my home - likely a full 8-10 hours of work. After explaining what I needed, he simply said he was going to pass on the project and that he preferred working on newer homes. I was trying to hire a smaller company from my neighborhood, so I'm disappointed it did not work out.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Several electrical projects in the home

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2018

C

05/02/2018

Generally the install was fine, with the exception of live wires being left bare and sticking out of the wall overnight. This is a VERY DANGEROUS situation, and with my pregnant wife in the house, could have been tragic.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New panel, rewiring entire 2nd floor

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2018

07/31/2017

Awesome! Very professional and prompt. Also left the house clean!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Added 200 amp panel, moved meter, added an 100 amp sub panel, and changed current 100 amp to a sub panel. Added outlets in kitchen.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/20/2017

06/28/2017

Overall, we had a great experience with Callahan. They arrived on time, were extremely efficient, and cleaned up all of their work areas. A few days after they had been at our house, I noticed something wasn't quite right with one of the switches and they were more than happy to send an electrician back out to make an adjustment. I am very pleased with the work they provided and wouldn't hesitate ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Add interior outlet, troubleshoot 3-way switches, add a grounded timer to bathroom fan, and replace an exterior outlet

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2017

04/12/2017

Callahan Electric performed the service upgrade and move, performed all electrical work for the new construction overseen by W H Wolfe Construction, and performed all finish electrical work. Callahan's crew were very professional and helpful. Pete, the journeyman electrician on the project, was attentive to our our needs and wants. He was helpful in making recommendations for work to be performed ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Perform all electrical for a remodel to convert the bathroom to a walk in closet and a bedroom to a bathroom. We added a steam shower and upgraded our service from 100 amp with a 150 amp panel to a 200 amp service and 200 amp panel. In addition we had to have our service moved from the backside of the house to the side of the house to meet current code.

CATEGORY electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/01/2017

Photo for Callahan Electric - 5711 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR - 34810027
C

04/10/2017

Did not provide a quote and after I emailed him to ask for the status, he informed me that he decided to pass on the job. I don't care if someone passes on a job, but he should have informed me rather then let me wait over a week for a quote that wasn't gonna come.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Grounding, rewiring

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2017

Residential & commercial electrical - new construction, kitchen & bath remodels, room additions, panel changes & service upgrades, lighting installation & design, ceiling fan installation

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check