Balsom, Dr. William R

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 7 Reviews

To see if this provider is board certified go to www.abms.org. There are 8 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

09/29/2013

This last appointment was a follow up to an appointment I had in August for shingles.  I already knew what I had, but needed the anti-viral prescription.  The pain and itching weren't going away, so they told me to come in for a follow up.  Dr. Balsom knew exactly what to prescribe for that.  He assured me that the nerve damage wasn't permanent, and took time to explain about how the pain receptor...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Shingles - follow up appointment.

05/09/2013

The scheduled appointment began on time.  In addition to the actual physical, Dr. Balsom was very attentive to all the questions I asked him and fully addressed the concerns I brought to his attention during the examination.  Unlike past physicals given by other doctors, Dr. Balsom took his time, did not hurry, and made sure that all my concerns were addressed.  His manner, his attention to detail...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Yearly complete physical examination and lab workup.  Examination began on time, was very thorough, and I left satisfied knowing that my physical well being was being looked after by a very competent individual.

04/28/2013

Dr. Balsom was friendly, seemed professional and thorough.  Even though there was a screw up that required me to have blood drawn twice my overall experience with this clinic and Dr. Balsom was positive.  I plan to stay with him as my primary care physician.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This was my first meeting with Dr. Balsom for a wellness physical.  I was looking for a new primary care physician and Dr. Balsom was recommended by a friend.

04/02/2013

I made the appointment after reading all of the glowing experiences others had with Dr Balsom.  I am very happy and credit Angie's List.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Could not hear.  Even though I had had my ear cleared of wax in June of last year I absolutely couldn't hear out of my one good ear. Because I hadn't  had a checkup for 16 month I told Dr Bolsom I needed a full checkup as long as I was there.  Dr Balsom and his assistant not only cleared my ear taking two appointments but my blood tests turned out fine.  I was very pleased with the whole experience

07/30/2012

Great doctor and fantastic bedside manner.  I really appreciate him going over any questions I have and I trust him very much.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have gone to Dr. Balsom on several occasions for a variety of things over several years.

CATEGORY family doctor, internist