Big Jim's Home Repair

A85 REVIEWS

Founded 2007 • Angie's List since August 2009

4630 SW 177th Ave

Beaverton, OR 97007

My name is James Merritt. As owner of Big Jim's Home Repair, I have over 20 years of experience in most aspects of construction and home repair services. My goal is to remodel, or fix your home so that the only reason you will call me back is to have me do another project for you or to give me a referral. In other words, I don't want to hear that the job I did for you was not to your satisfaction. If I have to come back to bring the job up to your satisfaction, I don't look good, I don't make money when I come back to fix it and most of all, I will lose your confidence and the possibility that you will refer me to your family and friends. Email me or call me with your questions!...

Siding (55)Handyman Services (35)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (12)Drywall (10)Exterior Painting (9)Water and Smoke Damage (8)Roofing (8)Fencing (7)Windows (6)Gutters (6)Lighting (6)Plumbing (5)

12/31/2018

Big Jim’s did a wonderful job in spite of numerous difficulties (bad weather, holidays, health issues. We are very impressed with the quality of his work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dry rot repair

CATEGORY drywall, siding, water damage restoration, house painters, mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/31/2018

07/24/2018

Jim answered the phone on the first call...what a concept that a contractor actually answers a phone call today in this outrageously busy industry!!! I was impressed. Super nice guy, Big Jim, who came out and gave me a bid to repair a fence with a fair amount of dry rot. I hired him. He removed bad boards, shored up the weaker ones, installed new where needed and repainted the entire fence. This m...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fence repair

CATEGORY fencing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2018

Photo for Big Jim's Home Repair - 4630 SW 177th Ave, Beaverton, OR - 37263684

03/09/2018

I hired Big Jim to do a couple of small jobs – clean the gutters and repair the gutters where they had come loose from the house in one spot, and also to add a threshold piece inside where carpeting had pulled away and left an exposed spike strip between hallway carpet and bathroom tile. He was able to fit me into his schedule quickly and I was pleased with the work he did. I had him give me estim...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter repair and door threshold replaced

CATEGORY gutter repair, handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/26/2017

08/27/2017

He did a good job, though we had to reschedule several times mostly due to the weather not being good enough for outside painting.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
James replaced or repaired some of my roof eve facing 2x6 boards that had faded or rotted.

CATEGORY handyman service, roofing, siding, house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2017

06/29/2017

Very well, quit professional, but very easy going, laid back & friendly which Ilked. Had to rebuild a closet to outside wall & smartly added an overhang to protect in future which added a more finished look, blended well with rest of house. Hung a special order storm door as well as front door & another storm door. Dug a french drain over 100 ft. and has held up more than 10 yrs. Worked on inside ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
multiple inside & outside projects

CATEGORY bathtub refinishing, decks, drywall, fencing, gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, roofing, siding, water damage restoration, pressure washing, house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/30/2015

06/15/2017

Jim did a great job, and the quantity and quality of work was beyond the price paid for the services. We'd recommend Jim to others, and found working with him to be a pleasure.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing maintenance and repair.

CATEGORY roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2016

06/02/2017

Jim is wonderful and his helper Bob is too! I will definitely have them come back when I need other items fixed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General handyman work around the house: needed toilet repaired, curtain hung, crawl space inspected.

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2017

05/25/2017

Jim is extremely knowledgeable about fixing all types of problems as listed above. He provides expert advice on the best methodology and materials. He is efficient and thorough. Neither my husband nor I are handy so Jim is our "go to" guy because we know that repairs will be performed professionally, quickly, and efficiently.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We recently purchased a home with an extensive list of repair the Inspection Report -- exterior/crawl space drainage problems, plumbing problems, dry wall water damage, extensive drywall repairs due to large holes, faulty/missing electrical outlets, defective light fixtures, etc.

CATEGORY drywall, gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2017

05/25/2017

The jobs were completed quickly and professionally.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed to get our house ready to put on the market. The most critical items were related to patching drywall in places. It is no easy thing to match texture on the walls. This was done expertly so that the repairs are invisible.

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2017

03/24/2017

We bought a light fixture that we wanted to install over a canned light. Bought a converter kit, but wasn't sure how it was all supposed to come together. We called Big Jim to install the light. He was booked, but said if he had time he would come between 12 and 2 the next day. Well, he called the next day and came as promised. He got the light fixture installed perfectly and charged a reasonable ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Light fixture installation.

CATEGORY handyman service, lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/16/2017

Roofing & siding installation & repair. Window replacement. Painting. Drywall. Texturing. Flooring. General & bathroom remodeling. Tiling. Fencing. Retaining walls. Concrete work. Dry rot repairs. Paver walkways. Decks & covers. Awnings. Carpentry. Fans. Pressure washing.

Pouring new foundations, HVAC servicing, Landscaping / Sprinkler systems.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa