A Better Carpenter LLC

• Trade License Authority
  • CCB

12935 SW Butner Rd

Beaverton, OR 97005

Finish carpenters provide finishing touches after the primary building of a structure is done. This includes installing baseboards, molding (crown), stairs, doors, windows trim, hardwood floors, custom and expert tiling. Im able to do much of it myself or with an employee and sub contract when needed. I also provide supervisory services as a licensed and bonded Residential General Contractor. We always provide fair bids and can usually out bid competition with a 10% discount....

woodworking (18)general contractors (4)tile installation (3)home remodeling (2)handyman (2)door installation (1)home remodeling (1)fireplace services (1)pressure washing (1)window replacement (1)plumbers (1)flooring (1)

04/12/2020

AWESOME. I have been in the commercial construction management industry for 40+ years. I have a lot of experience with trades and subcontractors all over the west coast - from restaurants, hotels, casinos and the electronic semiconductor market sectors. I can count on 2 hands the companies I would give a 5-Star rating to. Matt with A Better Carpenter is one of them. The quality of his finish carpe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-frame decorative exterior columns and rails

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/11/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. You were such a pleasant customer to work for! Look forward to serving any other home projects!

04/27/2019

Matt was great. Went over the work that was done in detail and did an exceptional job. He was able to make matching plinth blocks that the previous home owner started on some of the door casings. I would recommend him for any unfinished carpentry project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Baseboards updated in my daughters room and other places within the home.

CATEGORY contractors

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/26/2019

07/30/2018

I needed some interior doors replaced - prepping the house to be listed. Other installers I contacted had zero availability. Matt fit me into his busy schedule and completed the job in one day. This included replacing a non-standard size bathroom door with a slightly larger standard size. Matt made it happen seamlessly - he did amazing work on short notice at a reasonable price. On time, pleasant ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install four (4) pre-hung interior doors

CATEGORY handyman service,remodeling,woodworking,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2018

07/23/2018

This company was easy to get a hold of, good at getting back me, did amazing work, and is someone I would look to hire again. I had pieces and sections of baseboards that were missing and or hopelessly dysfunctional. A Better Carpenter came in figured out all the details of matching old trim and making all look like new again. They were also efficient, polite, and fast. I had to call a lot of cont...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Finish work on baseboards

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2018

Thank you so much for the kind words... I appreciate you as well!

06/27/2018

Matt did a great job. I will definitely use him again and pass his name on yo others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace the mounding in 2 bathrooms..

CATEGORY contractors,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2018

11/14/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Not only did he do a professional job, he fixed the baseboards where they were not done right. He pulled them out and fixed them and replaced for a very reasonable price for the whole job. Not only would I use Matt again, I have already recommended him to my coworkers!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed almost all my door casings to be replaced to match new baseboards.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2017

10/04/2017

Matt was on time and did a great job on the project. It took a little longer ( couple of hours) than originally thought. Is professional and kept his work area neat. Kept the project clean while working and afterwards. Couldn't be happier with the job and will hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have an interior wall that we had Matt install cedar shingles onto. He took the project on as a new challenge.

CATEGORY contractors,handyman service,remodeling,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2017

09/01/2017

Matt was very professional, friendly, and conscientious about getting all his carpentry work just right. I was delighted with the results and his price. I would hire him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Matt built a wood railing for my porch that included adjusting the lengths of each of the balusters on the sides so that the bottom rail would be parallel to my sloping porch surface. He also custom designed and made the two front posts from scratch so that they would blend in perfectly with Craftsman house style. Lastly, Matt primed all the wood so that it's ready for me to paint.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2017

Photo for A Better Carpenter LLC - 12935 SW Butner Rd, Beaverton, OR - 36161482

08/28/2017

Both projects required some ingenuity to deal with tricky problems. Matt was great on this score. He did a good job of communicating the solutions he thought would be best. He held himself to high workmanship standards and took the steps needed to assure that the jobs were done well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Matt performed two projects: (1) replacement of two gates and a section of cedar fence; and (2) repair of a section of bathroom wainscoting that had buckled away from the wall.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/09/2017

06/05/2017

I have hired A Better Carpenter a few times now.. They are wonderful to work with. Very professional, great work, tidy... great price also

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
- Replaced tiles on fireplace, regrouting work - Put up crown molding in our house - Completed backsplash and countertop work in bathroom

CATEGORY ceramic tile,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/13/2017

My expertise of 16 years in finish carpentry, remodels, and residential building allows me to offer many custom and standard services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard