Mikel McLaughlin and Associates

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since October 2007

Not Rated| 15 Reviews

I am a registered Landscape Architect running a small design only and design/build company. I do all my own designs, meet with all my clients and work side by side with my crew. At least 80% of the time I am on site to make sure that we exceed expectations....

R & R  Landscape And Design

Landscaping.

12/05/2016

He did an excellent job and also gave us a quote for all of the landscaping work to be performed - we will take a look in the spring

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mikel did a great job repairing a thorough landscape plan for our entire property.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

08/11/2016

Mikel gave us a start date which he adhered to and completed the job in three days with an assistant. I liked that he was on site for the work and talked us through the work being done. The finished work looks great and they did a thorough job of cleaning up. Price was 30% less than other highly rated hardscape installers.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We wanted a paver walkway installed, pavers layered over an existing concrete patio and a low profile wall installed around flower beds. Mikel came to the house and explained how he would approach the job along with recommended pavers to use and a great design for the wall, taking into account the sloping yard. Mikel had numerous photos to help explain type of materials and how they would look once installed.

CATEGORY hardscaping

11/06/2015

McLaughlin and Associates Installed the new landscape and it looked ok until I realized nothing was growing.  I fertilized and watered and still nothing.  When I talked to him and asked if he had fertilized as part of the installation he said yes, but the rain probably washed it away.  Upon further scrutinization, I realized he did not amend the soil and even  installed plants in soil he put on t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Designed and installed new landscaping for my backyard.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service

04/22/2014

Mr. Mclaughlin did a landscape design for my yard and installed the plants and shrubs. The design looked good on paper but it was apparent very soon that the plants were not thriving.  Because Mr. McLaughlin did not prepare the soil properly, the plants did not grow. There were other problems as well.  He planted some flowers that he said flowered all season when in fact, they did not. Not only di...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired Mr Mclaughlin to landscape the flower beds at my home.

CATEGORY landscaper

C

11/01/2013

His workers did a nice job but I wasn’t too happy with the owner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mikel McLaughlin and Associates came out to install a stone patio and a stone sidewalk for me.

CATEGORY masonry, hardscaping

This is not my client, I have never done work for this address or this client Mikel McLaughlin Ohio Registered Landscape Architect

Design only and Design build Landscape Architect: landscaping, hardscapes, decks, patio, waterfeatures, natural stone work, low voltage lighting, firepits, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens and pergolas