Ohio State Waterproofing

B 196 Reviews

Founded 1978 • Angie's List since July 1997

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

365 Highland Rd E

Macedonia, OH 44056

Founded in 1978, OSW has serviced all types of basements, crawl spaces and slab homes with foundation repair services that range from crack patching and basement waterproofing, to ventilation solutions, to complete foundation repairs including wall rebuilding. Additional phone numbers - (330) 452-5016, (330) 746-6776, (800) 800-8780, (800) 231-5897, (330) 376-3565. Additional DBAs - Ohio State Home Svc, Ohio State Home Services....

basement waterproofing (192)well & water pump repair (10)concrete repair (10)foundation repair (8)excavating (5)drain pipe installation (3)basement remodeling (2)water damage restoration (2)plumbers (2)

10/05/2020

They wanted 3 weeks to come out and quote. Then when they learned that I would be working in another state they refused to come to the house and work with my wife. Since my wife and I both own the house they require us both present. NOT a law, just company policy. If signatures would be required prior to work being completed then I could have easily done that. Instead I will work with another comp...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Leaky foundation repaired

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2020

09/04/2019

OSWP came out on our insurance/annual protection contract to fix a leak/seepage problem caused by the electrical line having been put through the foundation improperly. They did excellent work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation hole repair

CATEGORY concrete repair,basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2019

05/04/2019

Technician arrived on time, did the work quickly. He re-cemented the area so it was all smooth like the original. Have not had any problems with moisture in the basement because of this company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement waterproofing has been under warranty with Ohio Waterproofing for years. They came to do the annual inspection and told us that they needed to open the system, notch the footer, pipe, and re-cement. They also installed a new sump pump.

CATEGORY concrete repair,basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2019

07/25/2018

The crew were on time every day. They took the time, at the end of the day, to show us what they had accomplished that day. They were very polite and courteous to us and our house. The crew spent time every day cleaning up any messes that were made. At the end of the week we were very happy with everyone that had a part in getting this project complete.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement Waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2018

05/24/2018

Ohio State Waterproofing found that I do not have a crack in my foundation. They were very professional and on time. I would use them again and recommend their services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They came out to assess my foundation.

CATEGORY foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2018

09/22/2017

They excavated between 6 inches and 2 feet along the entire interior perimeter, and between 3 and 5 feet down on the entire exterior perimeter. He was uncomfortable going all the way down the exterior because of the condition of the block (hence the "combination"). The crew was about 5 guys per day for 5 days. They were all extremely polite, punctual, and clean. They really did do everything by ha...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
"Combination" basement waterproofing. I have a red block foundation which is typical for a 1920's Lakewood home. He classified the condition of my basement walls as stage 3 deterioration, stage 4 being the worst and likely needing replacement. During rain events water would visibly seep through and down the walls, but there was no bowing.

CATEGORY concrete repair,excavators,basement waterproofing,basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2016

09/07/2017

They come out every year, they check it and if something is wrong they will repair it without no charge.  It's a lifetime guarantee.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Waterproofing of basement and a few sump pumps.  Did the outside too.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2017

05/30/2017

Hardcore sales people! May 13, 2017, I signed an estimate for foundation and waterproofing the basement with a very nice salesperson. This was a Saturday. After consulting with family members and others who were knowledgeable about this company history and checked out the reviews online, I decided it will be necessary to cancel. I canceled my check immediately and called Ohio State Waterproofing. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basement waterproofing and foundation work. Given two estimates. They would not be able to start until September, but I gave them a deposit of $500.00, which they do not consider valid for cancellation even though it was within the three-day limit. They don't accept phone cancellations - only scheduled in-person appointments.

CATEGORY concrete repair,basement waterproofing,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2017

03/28/2017

My parents are both elderly and they had a basement leak that required major work back in 2008 from Ohio State Waterproofing. Just recently- 9 years later (long time), the pump that was installed failed. I was worried that OSW would not take care of the problem since being over 9 years later and just push the problem aside. Was I wrong!! What a fantastic company! I told them that my parents are el...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My parents had their foundation leak repaired needing the outside foundation dug up and repaired and a sump pump w/battery back -up installed to keep future basement leaking problem from happening. The work was performed in April 2008.

CATEGORY excavators,basement waterproofing,wells,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/29/2008

01/20/2017

That was actually covered by the warranty the prior owners had, so we didn't have to pay anything. I wouldn't have chosen that type of waterproofing, if I had to choose it, but for what they were asked to do, I'd say an A. It was completed timely and we have not had any issues since then. They did honor the warranty.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The previous owner of the house had them put in a waterproofing system. We had them come out and add that system to a part of the house that was not covered.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2015

Basements, Crawl Spaces, & Foundation Repair.

Check, Visa, MasterCard