Lakewood Furnace Co

A212 REVIEWS

Founded 1914 • Angie's List since September 1997

18502 Detroit Ave

Lakewood, OH 44107

With over 100 years in the heating and cooling business, Lakewood Furnace Company is dedicated to providing the best possible service for you and your family. You can count on us to provide you with a system and solution that fits your family's unique needs and since we've installed many systems throughout Northeast Ohio, we've earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time. To assure your satisfaction, we start by asking questions. If we don't provide what you need and want, we're not doing our job. Second, we work with the leader in home heating and cooling equipment, Carrier. Third, we train each employee to see your job through from start to finish, making sure the unit or system performs up to your expectations. Finally, we provide quick, professional service and complete service plans to keep your systems operating at peak efficiency. It's all part of our tradition of service- assuring your complete satisfaction....

Heating and Air Conditioning (207)Water Heaters (12)Plumbing (3)Drain Cleaning (1)Air Duct Cleaning (1)

12/19/2019

Joe and his team went out of their way to complete the warranty work the same day. It was much appreciated on an 8 degree day.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace was not working properly. They had to replace the circuit board.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/19/2019

09/21/2019

Great! Frank came out and had the unit fixed (blown capacitor) within minutes. Frank says it’s drawing high amps. Not a good thing. I’m going to contact them soon for a quote on a replacement of this really old unit. Thanks a ton, Lakewood!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our AC unit stopped functioning in the middle of a Saturday during an OSU game. Checked all the normal stuff, then looked up and called Lakewood

07/10/2018

Turned out to be user error. Technician told me what was wrong and filled out a form for a $50 rebate to be filed with First Energy. With a coupon and the $50 rebate the total was $49.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC needed a tuneup and was acting funny.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2018

06/02/2018

The service man arrived on time, got right to work, showed me a part that needed to be replaced, and why, and finished the job. I was very pleased with the efficiency and professionalism. They were also on top of giving me paperwork to apply for a $50 energy efficiency rebate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC tune-up

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2018

C

05/29/2018

I had them come to do a routine furnace check up. I was told that the filter and feed tube in my humidifier connected to the furnace needed replaced and they would order parts and get back to me. I had to contact them to follow up and was told I should just go to Home Depot to get the parts because it would be cheaper. I went to Home Depot and of course they didn't have the parts. I called back an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furance check up

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/29/2018

03/08/2018

I washout of town at the time but the owner kept in contact with me and was very helpful in answering my questions and helping me decide what was best for me. When I got home someone came out and went over the system with me. Everything was very professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace and air conditioner

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2017

C

01/12/2018

Failure was misdiagnosed and then failed again the next day. Motor was picked up at warehouse and installed in an hour.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
changed inducer motor

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/19/2017

The part is question was an inducer motor. When we were there on the first visit we were unable to determine whether it was this part or with these symptoms could could have been one or a combination of parts that were failing. Everything was working during the first visit. I should point out too that we worked hard to get this part under warranty even though it was nearly 2 months out of warranty...

11/17/2017

In the middle of one of the hottest days of the summer, our AC broke. Apparently, so did everyone else's in Cleveland. These guys still managed to get us in, provide good service and do good work. They didn't try to upsell us or exaggerate the problem. They just did good work. Kudos! Good service is hard to come by so we are very glad to hire these guys again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of AC unit

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2017

11/08/2017

We have used Lakewood for many years to maintain our two gas furnace units and air conditioning. They are professional and friendly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fall furnace check up

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2017

09/25/2017

Fan replaced no problem. Estimate a little high, highest of three, but very through. Went with another company because of price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fan replacement on old furnace and estimate for new furnace, ac and electrical box.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

Residential & commercial repair, installation and replacement of water heater, duct work cleaning, duct, duct work, duct design, sheet metal ductwork fabrication & indoor air quality products, humidifier, de-humidifier, air purification, mini splits, boilers, radiators, hybrid heat, heat, two stage, heat pump, filtration, ventilation, and cooling.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available