Plant Masonry

B25 REVIEWS

Founded 1979 • Angie's List since October 2011

201 S Main St

Johnstown, OH 43031

Family owned. Additional contact name - Jerry Plant. Additional email - jerryplant@plantmasonry.com....

Chimney Caps (21)Masonry (17)Chimney Repair (8)Fireplaces (6)Lighting (1)Pavers and Hardscaping (1)Stucco (1)Electrical (1)

12/10/2019

To start the process I was able to text pictures of the damaged brick to Mr. Plant so he understood what needed done, and I really liked this idea. Excellent customer service, arrived promptly at 7:30 am as he informed me he would. The crumbling bricks were worse than initial evaluation but Mr. Plant came back extra days to fix the problem and didn’t make me reschedule! He texted me progress repor...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front porch brick steps mortar crumbling and bricks completely out of brick walkway border.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2019

[Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure to meet you and do your work. Thank you!

11/30/2019

Once the work was started I was happy with the project. My only complaint was the delay in getting the job completed earlier but I realize this work is weather dependent and this is a small company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney needed to be rebuilt.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/29/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure doin your work. Jody
D

01/16/2018

I contacted them in June to have the work done. They said if I waited until November they would give me a discount on the price. November turned into January. The worker that came to my house to do the work was so unprofessional I was worried about my safety. He messed up the gas line and I had to open windows in my house because I could see gas vapors in the air. After lunch the worker smelled of...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I wanted to replace the old dingy tile around my gas log fireplace with stone.

CATEGORY chimney caps, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/04/2018

HI [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry I haven't responded until now. I've been out of town for quite awhile helping my ill father. I didn't know about the employee doing all that, except for when we smelled gas, until I read this review. I would have fired him immediately had I known, and he has now been let go, as I don't tolerate employees acting like that. I will contact you soon to discuss. Just...

11/08/2017

Excellent work honest professional and respectful of time and cost

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tuck pointing my brick Home and also repair to the concrete slab that was cracked need to be sealed

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2017

07/20/2017

Great. They were very easy to work with. They returned calls promptly, showed up when they said they would, did a good job matching the mortar and checked to see if we needed anything else done before they departed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tuck pointing to repair damaged mortar for a stone front wall on the house after new windows were installed.

CATEGORY masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/13/2017

12/16/2016

The owner Jody, his family and employees were very professional and easy to work with. The price for the work was very reasonable. The quality of their work was excellent. I would recommend their services to others. I was able to pick out and pay for the bricks I thought were the best match for the chimney. The amount I paid for the bricks to the brickyard was reduced from the estimate. We had a c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a chimney that needed to be taken down to the base and rebuilt. The chimney at the roofline was originally 9 feet wide and the roof valley intersected the back corner of the chimney causing problems with the roof. Plant Masonry did an excellent job of reducing the size of the chimney from the roof line up to 5 feet wide. It was also determined that we needed a new damper installed.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/16/2016

03/08/2016

Promptly responded to email requesting a quote. Per my request, scheduled work about 1.5 months later. Everything went very well. Job site left clean.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repaired mortar on entry way steps in front and side of house

CATEGORY masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2015

11/10/2015

All associates were very respectful and courteous with neighbors and kept me up-to-date with the progress of the work as the job was getting done. the chimney had several exterior issues that were addressed and the cost was fair for the amount of work that needed to be done. I plan to use Plant Masonry again soon.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
grind out and tuckpoint all mortar joints on chimney (top to bottom). replaced old flashing and sealed chimney.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/08/2015

It was a pleasure to work for [Member name removed] and look forward to the next work we do for her.

10/24/2015

Excellent contractor!  Excellent craftsmanship.  They were responsive and were actually able to work us in sooner than originally expected.  They performed the work within schedule and budget.  The finished steps look fantastic, very pleased.  Plant Masonry worked with us by giving several options that would work within our budget and were responsive to answer all our questions throughout the proc...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Plant Masonry replaced the front brick steps and stoop developed poorly by the original home manufacturer which had sunk and bricks were falling off.  They matched the bricks to the rest of the home and poured a new pad to level the steps correctly.  They also adhered many thin bricks that had falling off the side of the porch.  They also replaced a short walkway by leveling it out.  Then they sealed the new brick work.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney caps, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2015

10/19/2015

Went great. Originally contacted in June/July and was told they couldn't get us in until October, which was not an issue for us. Contacted them again in early October and they had us on their schedule and were prompt and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tuck-pointing and chimney repair. Cap replacement.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/05/2015

Tuck pointing, brick replacement, patching, masonry waterproofing, chimney repair, chimney cap, fireplace repair construction, patios & walkways & retaining walls.

Not Applicable