CREATIVE WATERSCAPES

N/A11 REVIEWS

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since October 2002

289 Amherst Rd

Hebron, OH 43025

Since 1994, Creative Waterscapes has specialized in water features, ponds, lakes, fountains, koi ponds, waterfalls, and streams. Tom, owner, began with his first pond build in New Albany, Ohio at his home. He was using the first BioFalls filter he had designed himself. "We found our pond stayed crystal clear using natural occurring aerobic bacteria with our filter." This first design revolutionized the pond industry as we know it today. Tom Skal used his creative art background and college degree in construction management to start building water features that rival anything mother nature has built herself. Tom and his crew at Creative Waterscapes love to design and build water features for clients knowing they have brought something good into their lives that they will enjoy for years to come....

Landscaping - Lakefront (9)Landscaping (2)

11/29/2016

Tom and his crew did a great job. He repaired twoponds and waterfall as well as mortar work (tuck point) for a wall and stone stairs. However, he went over the original estimate by over 100%. He overcharges for labor - in essence my security cameras indicated that his crew was there for 4 hours a day and he charged me for 8 hours work on a regular basis. He was very difficult to pin down to give a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair of a waterfall and mortar work on a wall

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2016

09/29/2015

I was on the verge of just getting rid of my pond.  It had been neglected for so long and was so out of balance I just wanted it gone. I had too many little fish and I needed to start getting rid of them but they would hide in the water weeds that were growing in the pond.  So my initial call was just to have Creative Waterscapes clean it out enough so I could begin to catch the fish and dismantle...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completely cleaned my pond that had been badly neglected for years.

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2015

08/12/2015

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2015

10/31/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completely remade my water feature which was leaking. Installed new liner and new boulders and stone, new pump and filter...saved the fish and plants and reinstalled them...cleaned up and hauled away debris .... I love it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2014

06/04/2012

They actually arrived a couple of days earlier than I had been told.  They called first and started right in to work. They explained everything they were doing.  They were very careful with my plants and took extra care with the fish.  They cleaned everything well and it looks like it did 10 years ago.  They were all very polite and friendly and knew what they were doing!  When they were done, the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emptied the water from my fish pond into a large container and placed fish in it.  Cleaned the debris from the bottom and power sprayed the rocks.  Re-glued and replaced 8 bolts that had corroded and fallen out of the skimmer faceplate.  Added water back with fish. Cleaned up entire area and even re-potted two of my water lilies.  Added solution to the water so fish would be ok in new chlorinated water.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/31/2012

06/17/2011

They do a good job.  They are reliable, friendly, and on time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use Creative Waterscapes. They do my annual maintenance.  I last used them in April.  I have a pond with fish, and they cleaned it out for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2011

06/06/2010

Very well. This was the first time we used them. Arrived on time and worked continuously until finished. Took care to make sure fish were handled properly during the cleaning process.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spring clean out of decorative pond that contains fish. Very professional. Price included adding additional stones/rocks, adding new underwater lights, and supplies for the year. I am unable to grade the cost but feel we got what we paid for.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/12/2010

10/22/2008

Very pleased with work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation and maintenance of stream and large pond.

CATEGORY landscaper

06/12/2005

IT IS BEAUTIFUL. TOM HAS JUST THE ''RIGHT TOUCH'' IN DESIGN, SETTING THE STONES AND WATER FLOW, AND EXCELLENT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR LANDSCAPING AROUND IT. HE IS A LITTLE PRICIER THAN SEVERAL OTHER LANDSCAPE COMPANIES, BUT WHEN I MENTIONED THIS CASUALLY TO ANOTHER COMPANY WHO WAS GIVING ME AN ESTIMATE THEY SAID, ''WELL, NO-ONE DOES PONDS LIKE TOM!'' AND, THEY WERE RIGHT!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
POND INSTALLATION WITH WATERFALL. I ALREADY HAD MOST OF THE SUPPLIES. THE PRICE WAS FOR LABOR AND SOME STONES AND BOULDERS.

10/24/2002

TOM SKAL WAS THE SERVICE MAN ON OUR JOB.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
MOVED INTO A HOUSE THAT HAD A POND WITH GOLDFISH IN IT. THE PREVIOUS OWNERS TOOK THE PUMP WITH THEM AND THE GOLDFISH WERE DYING. CALLED COMPANY AND THEY WERE OUT WITHIN 30 MINUTES. FIXED PROBLEM AND GAVE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN THE POND.

CATEGORY lakefront landscaping

Residential and commercial services. We specialize in water features, ponds, lakes, fountains, koi ponds, waterfalls, and streams, -- design, creation, maintenance, and water treatments. We also offer excavation, aeration, natural stone hardscapes and patios, landscape lighting, and services dealing with stone/gravel. We can create solutions for dried out creeks and streams. We offer FREE CONSULTATIONS.

Please give us a call to further discuss your project(s)

NA