HOME REMEDIES

Founded 1998 • Angie's List since December 2005

07:00 - 18:00

771 FRANKLIN AVE

Columbus, OH, 43205

OWNER OPERATED. SUBS USED FOR PLUMBING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. EXTRA CHARGE MAY APPLY FOR AFTER-HOURS SERVICE...

Drywall (122)Interior Painting (58)Handyman Services (49)General Remodeling (42)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (36)Lighting (33)Electrical (31)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (28)Plumbing (27)Ceramic Tile (27)Doors (20)Flooring Sales and Installation (19)

11/19/2019

Doug arrived when expected. he was as friendly and courteous in person as he was on the phone. the work was performed quickly and efficiently. we talked about other projects that I may have done at a later date.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
reinstallment of light fixture that fell from ceiling, it was hanging by 2 wires. and recaulking of bathtub, I had surfaces already prepped.

CATEGORY electrician, handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2019

01/02/2019

Very well. Excellent quality, very responsive, good folks to work with. One of jobs we need done - materials never appeared so will call back when materials are here. Would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
various - painting, caulking, baseboard replacement, stair carpet removal. Previously - drywall repair

CATEGORY drywall, handyman service, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2018

12/14/2018

Scott and Doug were great to work. They were responsive, reasonably priced, and did excellent work. They renovated our mudroom / laundry room (demo, installed heated floor, tiled, hung cabinets, repaired drywall, painted, trim work), and we are very happy with the results. We will definitely use again for future projects and would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mudroom Renovation

CATEGORY remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2018

03/28/2018

Doug and Shawn did a nice job. They added a new subfloor to the landing, added a vinyl floor piece that I had left over from an earlier remodel. The removed the old steps that were solid, but uneven. They used the original stringers, but added new supports and steps. They also added additional supports to the underside of the landing in the basement. I was very impressed with the wood trim (I supp...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Restructure existing basement steps, fix landing, add wood trim to existing door

CATEGORY handyman service, woodworking, basement remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2017

01/24/2018

It went extremely well. Doug is great to work with and a very nice person to talk to and get to know. I enjoyed our conversations because you felt like he was a friend and not just some stranger in your house. Very professional and responsive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our house was built in 1961 and due to the age we were experiencing a couple of minor cracks in the ceiling in the kitchen due to settling of the house. Doug repaired the cracks and painted the ceiling.

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/13/2017

09/30/2017

Very well. Scott came over to our house and provided a very reasonable estimate which was 75% lower than a previous estimate we had received from another company. Scott was available to perform the work as soon as we needed it done. Once the work began, it was necessary for Scott to perform the drywall, sanding, spackling and painting over a three day period. On all three visits to our home, Scott...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed drywall and painting work performed in our kitchen ceiling due to some earlier plumbing work.

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2017

06/30/2017

Was very pleased with the work and the neatness of accomplishing the job. Work was completed in timely fashion. The price was fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had some porch trim painted, bathroom, porch glider, and some painting in the basement.

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/21/2017

06/24/2017

We are very pleased with our partial bathroom remodel. Scott was at our home every day redoing our tub/shower, plumbing, fixtures, painting and whatever else needed done. He was a pleasure to work with, and I had no concerns leaving him alone or with just our nanny and toddler in the home. The bathroom looks great. They do quality work and at a reasonable price and just seem like very nice, hard w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Partial bathroom remodel

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

04/19/2017

This isn't the first time I worked with Doug and Scott. Doug did this job on his own. I trust him completely to do the job to the best of his ability, and to do it quickly. As before, I couldn't be more pleased with the work that he did.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired Home Remedies to do exterior painting, including the front porch and a stand-alone swing.

CATEGORY drywall, house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/18/2017

03/17/2017

Excellent! On-time. Easy communication.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This is the first time I used the services from Home Remedies. It will not be the last. I have a rental property that needed to have the bathroom vanity and sink replaced. The tenant had called on Tuesday evening. I contacted Home Remedies that same evening and received a call back at 7:00pm that evening, The tenant had asked for a Friday afternoon appointment and he was able to meet that request. I ordered the vanity on-line and Home Remedies picked it up from the store and delivered it to the property. Communication was easy. Mostly done by text and email with a few follow up phone calls. I will be using Home Remedies again.

CATEGORY handyman service