Dryer Vent Wizard of Central Ohio

A 465 Reviews

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since December 2006

2967 E. Sixth Ave

Columbus, OH 43219

Family owned business that we started in 2006. We have one office manager and two full-time technicians. Vans are clearly marked and technicians wear uniforms. All technicians have annual background checks. We are insured, and are compliant with BWC. We charge a flat rate for ours services using a standard pricing and do not charge extra for weekends. We do not charge for travel but do have a service fee to perform our 10 point inspection of $49. We do not extra charge for after hours services. Additional phone #'s: (614) 595-0086. May contact through e-mail. Owner's cell is 614-935-9574....

dryer vent cleaning (418)appliance repair (66)air duct cleaning (46)

03/24/2020

I called their customer service and explained to them in very detail that my dryer vent need a thorough inspection since I am pretty sure that the contractor who worked on my basement bathroom has connected the dryer vent to the bathroom exhaust fan. After listening to my concerns, they said a technician will come and do an inspection. When the technician came, all he did was to connect a blower t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer Vent Inspection

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2020

We went and provided an estimate to do the work. However, the homeowner did not like our estimate. We are happy to help but only if our estimate is acceptable to the homeowner.

01/08/2020

Jim was great. He inspected everything and then explained everything to me in detail. Did not try to oversell me on anything. Replaced the pipe I had behind my dryer which was a fire hazard with a new one. Fully cleaned out the duct and showed me how to upkeep the cleaning of my dryer as well. Very nice and professional! Would recommend!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have had our dryer for over five years and I wanted to have the lint duct cleaned out professionally.

CATEGORY dryer vent cleaning

Thanks for the feedback and business! Jim is a former handyman and takes pride in his work. He does a thorough job and also explains things well. Best regards, Rick

11/25/2019

They did a great job and were very clean. I would recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They came out to clean my dryer vent.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2019

Thank you for your note and for the business! We try to clean up as best we can when we are at a job. Sometimes the lint that we get outside the house can problematic to cleanup but we do our best to cleanup any messes inside the house. Thank you, Rick

10/15/2019

Excellent service! James performed great work, and was very professional. I will definitely hire again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dryer vent and air duct cleaning

CATEGORY air duct cleaning,dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback and business! We will send you a reminder card in 2 years to see if you need us back for reclean. Best regards, Rick

08/21/2019

This was the second time Frances cleaned our dryer vent. He was on time, courteous, professional, and competent. We were pleased with his honesty and recommendations for future cleanings. We will definitely try to hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/29/2019

Thank you for your feedback and business! I will pass this along to Francis. It is good that you continue to keep your dryer vent cleaned and dryer working in tip-top condition. Best regards, Rick
D

08/14/2019

Service ok but way too expensive for what was done. Would not recommend to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Some dryer vent system pieces replaced and vent system cleaned

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2020

Hello Randie, We give an estimate before we do anything so that if you feel it is too expensive you have a choice whether or not to proceed. But sorry you fell this way. We have been in business for 14 years, we warranty our work, and really want to make customers happy. Unfortunately you feel differently. But thank you for your business. Rick

07/30/2019

Mr. Coleman was courteous and explained everything he would be doing. He was able to call and ask if I was available for an early arrival because he had finished another job early! So definitely on time and the service was completed in a timely manner. I would like to include that I am a repeat customer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2019

Thank you very much for the business and your feedback. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to Mr. Coleman. Best regards, Rick

07/26/2019

No problems with the technician Chris but had issues with the company as a whole. Horrible customer service. The condo complex in which I own a unit recommended this company to do the cleanings and indicated we should get some sort of group rate. That didn’t happen. In fact, they charged me the almost $200 cleaning fee on top of the $49 service fee (NOT an inspection). Also, they told me they coul...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2019

I am sorry about your experience. We provide a price before we do the work. If someone is unhappy with our estimate, then they are free to use someone else. There are several reasons why we were not able to offer a group rate. 1) we have no idea how many people are going to call us. 2) there are many different types of vents - some exit the first floor, some on the second and some out the roof. So...

06/05/2019

Punctual. More expensive than I was originally told. Mr. Coleman cleaned out from the outside vent only. It did not suck out the lint afterwards like he said it would. Now there is a loud noise. I kept asking Mr. Gutridge for him to come back and was told there was a warranty and he would, but he never contacted me nor came back. Very disappointed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean out dryer vent

COST $240.35

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2019

Hello, I am sorry for your experience. We have tried several times to get in touch with you to resolve your issue but never reach you on the phone but leave voicemails. You can call me at 614-935-9574 to investigate and see if we can resolve your issues. Thanks, Rick
D

06/04/2019

Be careful with this one. I called to schedule a cleaning based on reviews but asked how they charge for the service. I understand everyone's set up is different. I just needed to understand if we're talking $50 or $500. Man on phone said the technician would quote a price before any work was completed. Then as he was scheduling me, he said there would be a $49 inspection fee just to look at it. I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer Vent Cleaning

CATEGORY air duct cleaning,dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2019

I am sorry but we cannot accurately estimate over the phone. It could be $75 or $500 or more depending what we find. We give an estimate when we see your situation and get your approval first. If we find a line that has foil or plastic, we cannot clean it but we offer options to replace it which will be more than cleaning but will bring your situation up to code. Our priority is proper venting so ...

Dryer Vent Cleaning, Repair, Alterations & Installations. Vent Covers, Louvered Vent Covers, Booster Fans, Pest Resistant vent covers, Removing lint from the interior of dryers (delinting).

Furnace Duct Cleaning