Carl Zipf Lock Shop

Founded 1911 • Angie's List since October 2000

Carl Zipf Lock Shop Inc. has been a family owned and operated business since 1911. Our goal is to supply the needs of the Columbus community with security and protection to ensure their safety. We operate a complete and extensive lock and key shop that can meet your every need. We also have hard to find items. We have experienced and trained personnel ready to meet your needs and find a solution to your locksmithing problems. We serve residential, commercial and industrial customers...

Expert Lock And Key

We have been working in the locksmith industry over 5 years now. We strive to provide the best solution out there. We are very friendly and ready for any job, small or big.

03/18/2018

Excellent response time. I had contacted another company and they were a no show. I left a message with Carl Zipf and Buddy returned my call within the hour. He had someone there within 20 min. Locksmith was professional and did an amazing job! Highly recommend this company!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our son purchased his first home. Our gift was new locks on every door.

08/20/2017

They’re the best one in Central Ohio, that’s pretty much common knowledge. They have a lot more blanks then Lowes or Home Depot. They’re a specialty lock place. They’re the best lock shop in town. Everything went fine.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a key duplicate made. Have had them come out and change all the locks.

07/04/2017

Locksmith was pleasant and friendly, explained what he was doing and how the lock worked.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace front door lock

04/10/2017

perfect! Arrived as scheduled. Work was excellent. I love it when our recommended contractors come through. It makes us look good!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Locks changed for new homeowner

D

06/04/2016

I needed a quick key copy made before person with the original left town. (I should have listened and taken the key to Lowes for a copy)   There was only one tech in the office (he said he is usually out in the field).  The copy he made was off.  The notches are located too far from the shoulder.  You can see the difference when you line it up with the original key.  I have to pull the key out of ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Made a duplicate key

CATEGORY locksmith

Commercial & residential. Locksmith. Key duplication.

Automotive lockout service. Residential after hours service.