Alexander Hauling

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since October 2005

3-6 Employees. Uses subs/dump truck owner/operators for overflow. Charges flat rate & hourly rate. Currently have 10% fuel surcharge. Additional DBA - P & B Alexander Enterprises, Inc....

Jones Topsoil Co

171  REVIEWS
Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

07/22/2020

Absolutely phenomenal work, I don't have enough good things to say about these guys! Found them from an ad in the Madison Messenger, gave them a call last Monday, and they were able to make arrangements to come out to West Jeff not even a week later. The bobcat operator, Joe, was just a great guy, and the precision with which he operated that machine was amazing. The work was in tight tolerances a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Retaining wall excavation & concrete driveway prep and grading

CATEGORY excavators,hauling services,pavers, gravel

12/30/2011

Called at 9 a.m. and the stone for my garage port was delivered less than six hours later.Price was great. Promptness was great. Quality of product was great. Could not have asked for anything more. Did everything they said they would and more.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hauled stone and gravel to replace the gravel ground into mud in front of my garage

CATEGORY hauling services,pavers, gravel

08/16/2011

The do believe the story is in the above area. But will and one thing the driver did take more time to make sure we were happy were he placed the gravel then we ever excepted someone to do. Again A+++++++ to Alexander Hauling wish I had called them before and saved my self $275.00 for the first load of gravel that went no were.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called the Alexander Hauling Company for price of 10 tons of gravel delivered to my home. The last Company we hired we feel did not give us the 10 tons we ordered as it did not last more then 5 months. We feel the last company that I have sent you information on did not do the job right at all. Alexander Hauling answered the phone right away and I spoke with Bonnie. She gave me all the prices for the gravel and told me other thing about gravel i did not know. I then could make a good knowledgeable judgement on the cost for the driveway. Called back and booked my order and day for the delivery.The friendlyness of Bonnie was great even with her busy on the dispatching with the drivers took time with me, to understand my problem with the truck and our overhead wires. She then said she would send out one of her best drivers to bring the truck up and down the driveway so we did not have to move too much of the gravel ourshelf. I would give this company and staff a A+++++ and the customer service is far the best we have come across in a long time.

CATEGORY pavers, gravel,delivery service

07/04/2011

They did everything they quoted - price, delivery time and nice quality topsoil.  We would definitely do business again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They quoted us a price that was extremely competitive with other local haulers.  The delivery of the topsoil occurred at the time frame they told us. The pulverized topsoil was a nice quality and we were able to easily move it with a garden rake and shovel.

CATEGORY mulch,delivery service

08/05/2010

They brought it to us for a better price than other providers. We were very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They brought us topsoil.

CATEGORY mulch,delivery service

Delivery & hauling. deliver sand, gravel, topsoil, mulch comtil & limestone.

Household waste.