A-Tec Upholstery & Body Shop

Founded 1979 • Angie's List since October 2006

A-Tec is proudly a family owned and operated busines, which is celebrating 33 years this month. We strive on providing top quality service to our customers and proud to have the best craftsmen in the industry....

Rieser’s Autobody East

As the third generation of a successful family owned and operated auto-body repair business, I expanded by opening a third location in central Ohio. We pride ourselves on being a quality-driven, insurance-friendly and customer-satisfaction-focused facility. We repair all makes and models, are certified, and make towing service and rentals available. We are easily accessible to the eastern Columbus area including Blacklick, New Albany, Gahanna, Reynoldsburg, Pataskala, Whitehall and Pickerington. I started working in my family’s body shop when I was 11 years old under the watchful eye of my father. My father instilled in me the idea that quality was our first priority. I will always remember him saying to me, “Son, take pride in your work. Every car that you do has your name on it.” For almost 30 years, I have worked in the body-shop industry. I've painted and repaired vehicles with my own hands, written accurate and fair estimates, managed some of the best technicians in the area, and built relationships with many customers and insurers. I am most proud of the work that I have done for some celebrities. I have personally painted cars belonging to Jay Leno (a Porsche 996), Lebron James (a Bentley Continental) and Rahal Letterman Racing (an Indy racecar). Although I have enjoyed working on these prestigious, high-line cars, your Civic, Corolla, or older pickup truck will get the same attention. At the end of 2006, I had a great opportunity to open a body shop of my own. I wanted this shop to be different. I wanted this to be a place where the employees were happy and our customers were even happier. I also wanted to work with the insurance companies, not against them. Rieser’s Autobody East opened in January 2007. I started work in one building, doing all the repairs and office work myself. Soon, I was hiring technicians to keep up with the referral work I generated. By April 2007, I added another building and more technicians. In October 2007, we expanded to another building. My wife, Marte, left her job in May 2007 to work for the business, running the office full-time. I would love you to meet her. She is friendly, caring and professional. I could not do this without her. All of the customers and our suppliers love her. She makes the process so much easier for our customers. She will work with your insurance company, arrange any services you may need (such as rental or towing), or just be there to listen. She is customer-service oriented and will work to make the repair process as seamless as possible. We don’t always meet our customers under the best of circumstances. In fact, most have just been in a car accident. Most people don’t even know where to begin. We try to make the process as easy as possible. We can arrange for towing and a rental. We will work with your insurance company during the claims process. We perform timely repairs so that you are not without your vehicle any longer than you have to be. And like I said, we listen to you. I believe that I have lived up to my father’s high standards for repairing and refinishing vehicles. I strive to instill his ideals in my own employees to this day. I take a hands-on approach to the repair of every auto we service. Quality is always my main concern. Thank you for your interest. I would love the opportunity to talk to you and share more of my story and that of our shop. Please feel free to call me at any time at 614-751-0022. Steven E. Rieser II

10/23/2017

Overall pretty well. Original promised turnaround time was not met but turnaround time was still better than some other local shops.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reupholstered two bucket seats for a vintage VW van.

CATEGORY auto upholstery

01/14/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fine.

03/22/2013

Went in, got an estimate.Which was at least $150 cheaper than the lowest esitmate I had gotten at two other places. Couple of days later called and set an appt. Brought the car in the day of the appt. picked it up later that afternoon.The people I dealt with were friendly, knowlegeable and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Front door hinges & pins replaced. Headliner replaced.

01/24/2011

Did an excellent job at much lower cost than other estimates.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repainted bumpers and repaired damage to front fender on Toyota Camry

CATEGORY auto body repair

Member, We thank you very much for the positive feed back!! We look forward to working with you whenever you need us!!

10/31/2006

I purchased the glue and material to do the job myself. After getting the headliner out and cleaned up, I decided to have them apply the material to the back board, as they had better tools. I trimmed the new headliner and installed it, and it looks factory new.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced the headliner in a 97 VW Passat.

CATEGORY auto body repair

We want to thank you very much!!!!! We appreciate your business and enjoyed working with you. Please let us know if you need anything else.

CONVERTIBLE TOP REPLACEMENT, CARPETS, HEADLINERS, SEAT REPAIRS(LEATHER, VINLY & CLOTH),TOWING SERVICE, MOTORCYLE SEATS, SUNROOF, CAR & TRUCK ACCESSORIES, AUTO INTERIORS(CUSTOM OR GRIGINAL).

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check