Find Top-Rated Bidwell Roofing Contractors
There are 4 top-rated roofing contractors in your area and 110 to avoid.
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
Over 4 million people rely on ...
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
AReviews6796 years on Angie's List
AReviews184 years on Angie's List
AReviews163 years on Angie's List
Shop Offers from Local Roofing Contractors
$16,500.00 for a Complete Solar Panel System InstallationMember price $16,500.00 Original price: $16,500.00.
$6,952 for a New Roof System with Lifetime GAF ShinglesMember price $6,952.00 Original price: $7,750.00.
$7,958 for a New Galvalume Metal RoofMember price $7,958.00 Original price: $8,950.00.
$10,961 for a New Galvalume Metal RoofMember price $10,961.00 Original price: $12,200.00.
AReviews116 years on Angie's List
DReviews14 years on Angie's List
FReviews44 years on Angie's List
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Roofing Articles
Roofing reviews in Bidwell
Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results
Review and ratings will be updated pending resolution.
1. No-pressure sales pitch. Came in much higher than the Angie's List deal based on square footage, but even so the price was still lowest of our three estimates and the sales manager was professional, patient, and punctual.
2. Pre-work coordination. Financing and scheduling an install date was a no-hassle affair.
3. Cleanup. They did a reasonable job and only snapped a branch off one shrub, especially considering it was dark when they were finishing up.
1. Install into the darkness. Scheduled install day was slipped due to equipment problems. We agreed to a Saturday install and crew started working ~ 08:30-9:00. Unfortunately, they were still on the roof well after dark, and ran out of material. Not to mention installing shingle in the dark is not something I would recommend nor expect for a quality install. Thankfully, no one was hurt.
Unfortunately, the thing they were doing in the dark was the ridge vent, which is still not sealed on the endcap. Hopefully the ridge gap was properly spec'd and the ridge vent install done with care, as that can be a leak-probe feature if not done well.
The next day, Sunday, they returned in the early afternoon with material, but forgot caulking/sealant to finish off two sections of ridge vent. They said they would return later on Sunday. They never did. Install remains incomplete.
2. No call back on Monday. We called twice and left messages Monday with the production supervisor regarding the last piece to finish. No call back received.
3. No Supervisor Presence at Job Site on first Install Day (Saturday). When the crew arrived, they went straight to work. That is--straight onto the roof. However, no one came to the door to introduce themselves or the crew, nor did any of the gentlemen show they were in charge of the crew. In fact, the only interaction we had, even after I went outside multiple times, was one of the crew asking to use the bathroom, twice. Not a problem--he was a polite young man who spoke clear English, but the point is that was the only interaction until the end of the day when they said they needed to return. He seemed to be the youngest of the crew and should be commended.
However, it would be much more professional to at least have a crew foreman introduce himself, if nothing else as a point of contact for any issues but also to lend some workmanship oversight. It is tough to oversee a roof install as a homeowner unless you choose to be on the roof most of the day.
Time will tell on the quality of the install once we have some rain and wind, and I'll be happy to update either way.
Considering showery weather coming Thursday, hopefully the work will be inspected and any remaining sealing will be completed.
- Frank T.
It went really well. I had previously had two wildly different assessments of the condition of our roof. Having a maintenance company rather than a roofer do the assessment was a great idea. He gave a similar assessment of the life left on the roof to one of our previous inspections. This confirmed that we have some years left on the roof and saved us having to get a new roof this year. Worth every penny! Now we have resources to focus on other needed repairs on the house.
We paid extra because we have a steep roof pitch. I felt this was fair and was clearly stated ahead of time. Very professional. Honest. Didn't try to upsell us. What I expected from the reviews.
- Lena M.
It went pretty well. He spent what seemed like a sufficient amount of time evaluating the condition of the roof and gave me a good writeup. For context - the roof was in pretty good condition so there wasn't much to put together there. I had some shingles that were loose to be put back up, but the deal apparently didn't cover a proper repair. He tacked it back up reasonably well, though I felt like it could've been a little straighter/neater. That's fairly subjective though, and given what he had to work with it was done well enough to sign off on.
- Mark B.