Dave's Handyman Service

Founded 2000 • Angie's List since September 2008

Dave’s Handyman Service is a family and Veteran owned and operated local business with over 15 years of industry experience. I opened Dave’s Handyman Service because I take pride in working with my hands and seeing the finished results for my customers. The reason I opened my own handyman service is because being a small company allows me to be at every job, give personal attention to my customers, and have the flexibility to adjust the scope of work based on my customer’s needs without needing to “bring it up the chain”. As a Veteran, I am a self-started and take pride in everything that I do for my customers. I am invested 100% in my customer’s success and happiness. When you hire me for your handyman needs, you are getting personal attention. I am not an hourly worker who moves from job to job, not caring about what happened yesterday. I care about each and every one of my customers. Angie’s List members can feel confident in hiring Dave’s Handyman Service because I treat your home as if it is my own. I am honest, thorough, and accurate in my estimates. I believe that Dave’s Handyman Service is a great company for Angie’s List Members because I am well known for my quality of work and respect of my customers’ homes. I would love the opportunity to partner with you and your home improvement needs....

MIAMI VALLEY CHIMNEY INC

Welcome to Miami Valley Chimney, where for more than 25 years we’ve provided satisfied customers with expert chimney sweeping and duct care and cleaning services at fair and competitive rates. In addition to the thorough inspection and cleaning of oil-, wood-, and gas-burning chimneys, we specialize in the prevention, detection, and correction of chimney and venting system hazards—the kinds of hazards that can endanger the health and safety of your family and home. Our services include: •sweeping and cleaning •inspection •troubleshooting and diagnostics •waterproofing and leak resolution •repairs and restoration We use the latest tools and technology to ensure that your chimney and dryer venting systems are operating at optimal levels. All of our technicians are CSIA-certified specialists—up to date on NFPA standards and state and local codes, and ready to address the particular needs of your home. We provide comprehensive, reliable services that have stood the test of time. With Miami Valley Chimney, you can rest easy, knowing that our primary objective is to make your home heating and venting systems cleaner, safer, and more energy-efficient. In all our years of service we’ve never had a single complaint – every job is a referral.

12/30/2019

Called Dave after seeing his reviews on Angie's List. Dave arrived on time and quoted a price for replacing a rotted out window sash on a large specialty window. He immediately went to get the materials and returned to finish the project within a couple of hours. Window looks great, paint matched, and saved me a lot of money compared to having to replace the window. Great guy, knows what he is doi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced rotted window sash on large window.

CATEGORY handyman service

10/29/2019

After a few bumps getting started, Dave did a wonderful job installing our new entry door and screen door. He cleaned up well afterward and was respectful of my house and property. We requested a special purchase from a particular store for the doors and I think in the future I would just let Dave get whatever he feels will fit according to our needs. I was pleased with the work Dave did.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Entry Door and Screen Door install

CATEGORY handyman service

08/13/2019

He was able to complete the work without any problems.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He installed 5 hardwired smoke alarms

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

05/10/2019

Dave did a fantastic job. He painted the interior rooms, patched and painted ceilings, installed a dog door, and built a wall shelf. Everything was completed professionally and looked great. His prices were reasonable. We will use his services again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed interior painting for five rooms, as well as some general handyman services.

CATEGORY handyman service,interior painters

06/25/2018

We've hired Dave for various jobs over the last 6 years. We were exceptionally pleased with this job. I had trouble finding anyone who had experience with doing this kind of re-coating on a textured driveway. Dave researched it, color matched it, and did an outstanding job. I've had people stop to say how great it looks and I know the neighbor was looking into it too from seeing it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-sealed concrete walkway and driveway and various other jobs

CATEGORY concrete repair,handyman service

Bathroom and Kitchen remodeling painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, power washing, doors, caulking & sealing.

Masonry, roofing, heating, cooling, gutter cleaning, hauling, and , shrubs & plants.