Blumenthal, Dr. Harold L

Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 2 Reviews

06/28/2012

I usually have no problem getting in to see the doctor as was the case this time.  You don't sit in the waiting room very long.  The staff is pleasant.  The doctor and I came up with the diagnosis (just joking.)  We discussed the problem and settled on treatment that I could live with and I'll call him if things aren't progressing.  That's one of the things I appreciate about the doctor, he will t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a rash that originally was thought to be poison ivy or something similar.  It turned out to be something else.  Dr. Blumenthal has been my dermatologist for 30 years.  He keeps good records and can tell if you have had the same complaint or illness previously.

CATEGORY dermatologist

C

05/29/2009

This particular appointment concerned me because I told Dr. Blumenthal I was nursing my child, and I was concerned about a topical medication entering into the milk. He said that since it was topical, it would not get into the milk. Anyone who has read anything about lactation would tell you that is not correct. The topical steroid he prescribed, I found later to be unsafe for lactating mothers.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had been seeing Dr. Blumenthal over the years for any and all skin treatments.

CATEGORY dermatologist