The Final Coat

A 157 Reviews

Founded 1984 • Angie's List since December 2005

125 Kelly Ave

Akron, OH 44306

The Final Coat, in Akron, OH, is the premier painting company serving Canton, Hudson, Bricksville, Medina and surrounding areas since 1984. We specialize in residential and commercial painting and carpentry services, power washing, roof coatings for sustainability and much more. For more information, contact The Final Coat in Akron. ...

interior painting (106)house painting (60)pressure washing (25)woodworking (9)wallpaper removal (9)gutter installation (9)general contracting (8)deck cleaning (6)siding (5)wallpapering (3)

01/02/2020

Great communication and work. Very happy with their service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fireplace refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/02/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Also we appreciate the referral. Look forward to working with you in the future. Have a wonderful day. Sincerely, Carla Heisa Co-owner

08/29/2019

I did not get a response of any kind from this vendor. Not very business like. If you don't want the job, just say so. Don't ignore the customer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish deck

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/29/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize for missing your message. Unfortunately, we do not service Aurora area. We do appreciate our customers and definately would never ignore you on purpose. Have you have a wonderful day. Carla Heisa, Co-Owner
C

10/21/2018

Earlier evaluations of others were very good. Carpentry was apparently not of interest or main skill, but the distance from his work base was likely his main challenge. I did the work myself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Window framing of front door was most immediate need. External/internal painting estimate

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Glad to hear you were able to take care of the project. Have a wonderful day. Carla Heisa, The Final Coat

03/02/2018

In truth, there were some probems the first time around. The painters got a lot of paint spots on our new screens. They tried to remedy it with painting the spots a grey color to conceal it with the screen color. This only left dark spots on the screens. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. It is how one handles the mistakes in life that matter. This company replaced my screens and I am sati...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They stained the wood frame of a newly added screen porch.

CATEGORY house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2018

We are so happy that you allowed us to remedy this problem. We are looking forward to working with you on your interior projects!

01/23/2018

A representative visited our home and we discussed the options of work to be done that I wanted quoted. One quote came back and it was higher that I wanted to spend. When I asked about the quote I received a very long mansplain (and I'm guy!) email about how if they quote too high they lose business and if they quote too low they lose money...and etc. I followed up with a simple question whether t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting before moving into a new home

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/16/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], I wanted to apologize for the former owner of The Final Coat. Jason Walker and myself purchased The Final Coat in June 2018. I believe the former owner had checked out last year. Please accept my apologies. Jason and I believe in open communication. Enjoy your new home. Have a wonderful day. Sincerely, Carla Heisa, Co-Owner The Final Coat

12/29/2017

I was very pleased. They came out and provided an estimate, which I thought was reasonable. We scheduled the work for about a month out. They always showed up promptly, told me what they were doing that day, and reviewed at the end of each day. On the final day, I went around the house, and pointed out little spots that needed touched up. They corrected them. A couple weeks later, the molding pull...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior painting of trim, shutters, cedar shakes on gables of home. Clean out and power wash gutters and soffits. Re-stain wood front door. Install molding around garage doors.

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/29/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

10/23/2017

From start to finish The Final Coat was incredible. Their pricing is competitive. All points of contact were polite, professional, and responsive. Our crew leader Davey was fantastic. Kept us informed, asked and cared about details, made sure things got done right the first time. As expected, for a job this size there a few spots that needed touch up/re-applied, they had a crew out and got everyth...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Prep, paint, and re-finish entire home exterior; replace worn/damaged cedar siding as needed.

CATEGORY house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/21/2017

Thank you for the wonderful review!

10/20/2017

The Final Coat completed the project on time. The decks look great. We will call them again when it is time for a refresher.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our exterior decks and dock needed to be power washed and stained.

CATEGORY pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/07/2017

Thank you for the nice review!
D

08/10/2017

Not well. Company phone receptionist stated she could not get a person out to provide a quote for over approximately 2 weeks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wanted a quote on getting the inside of my garage painted.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/10/2017

I'm very sorry that we could not get you scheduled sooner. This is a very busy season for us and our estimators are booked approximately 2 weeks out. Please keep us in mind if anything changes!

06/08/2017

They did a very thorough and professional job and were also pleasant to deal with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The painted a hallway going down a stairs and the entire room at the bottom plus patching holes in a ceiling and recreating a texture surface.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2017

Thank you so much for the nice review. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Oak FatigueTM, Cabinetry Refinishing, Acoustic Ceiling and Roof Coatings for Sustainability, Office Repainting, Interior and Exterior Painting, Color Consulting Services, Commercial Wallpaper Removal, Caulking, Stone and Masonry Restoration, Power and Pressure Washing, Light Carpentry

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check