Ranshaw Plumbing & Heating

B130 REVIEWS

Founded 1960 • Angie's List since January 2006

151-01 14th Ave

Whitestone, NY 11357

Ranshaw is a family owned and operated Plumbing and Heating Company, serving Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and parts of Long Island. For over 50 years, our customers have trusted us for quality work and exceptional service. When it comes to your home or business, we understand the importance of finding a company you can put your trust into. Take comfort in knowing that Ranshaw is dedicated to making YOU feel comfortable with our honest approach to service and expert, hi-quality workmanship. For Plumbing, Gas and Oil Heating System Service and outstanding customer care, Ranshaw IS your trusted source....

Heating and Air Conditioning (104)Plumbing (33)Heating Oil (22)Water Heaters (8)Chimney Sweep (3)Valves (2)Natural Gas Lines (2)

10/30/2019

Technicians came on time and fixed the problem. They also recommended some additional repairs which they completed. After the job, they cleaned up the work area and left everything clean. I would definitely use this Company again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix leak under the sink

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2019

10/08/2019

Very prompt, friendly. We have used them before and will use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boiler repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2019

D

05/24/2018

It went awful. I have been a member of Angie’s list for years and have never had a problem like this. I was over charged, taken advantage of and I truly believe it was not even a new faucet I received. I would never use or recommend them. Shame on them for taking advantage of a woman like that. I still stand by angie’s List because I have never had a horrible experience like this.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a new kitchen faucets.

COST $521.65

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2018

We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the job we did for you and feel like you were taken advantge of. It is our policy to give our customers a fixed price they must agree to before we do any work. We do this so our customers can feel comfortable knowing there not being taken advantage of. With respect to your faucet, please rest assured knowing that it is brand new. We would never instal...

05/01/2018

Ranshaw was incredibly responsive and efficient. I called on a Friday and they were able to fit me in on Monday! They were very clear over the phone and doing business with them was easy. We will definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Toilet installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/30/2018

01/12/2018

He told me that we were a bit out of his service area, but then talked me through all of the issues we had been having to check that we really did need a replacement. He also gave feedback on the bid we had gotten, and gave some advice on what we should look for. It was very helpful advice, and extremely generous given that he was not interested in doing the job himself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed our boiler replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2018

08/02/2017

Outrageously overpriced!!! Company asked for a non-refundable $125 (+ tax) deposit, would not give an estimate over the phone. On arrival, tech told us the price would be OVER $500, but gave us a 50% "discount" as new customers, bringing the price to $436 — for approximately 10 minutes of work. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. We certainly won't call them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hooking up the gas connection for a new stove. We already had the flex-hose and all necessary hardware. Simply wanted a professional to connect it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/02/2017

07/11/2017

Service technician was very courteous and professional

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Boiler maintenance service performed under contract. They also deliver my heating oil throughout the season and all went well.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2016

05/14/2017

they quoted me 10-12K to remove my oil furnace and install new (gas). The project manager tried to bull crap me about how difficult of a conversion it was.... long story short. A different contractor was very happy to do the job for $3700 with a great 97% efficient furnace.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replace oil furnace to new gas furnace

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, heating oil companies

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/24/2017

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry we weren't able to do business. Please understand that an oil to gas conversion involves a lot more than just performing the work. There are permits to file with the DOB and utility company coordination. I did not see any permits pulled for your property for this work so you may want to look into that.

02/27/2017

Ranshaw was fantastic from the initial phone call to the completion of the job. After coming to the house to see what needed to be done, Angel arrived on time on the scheduled day with his partner to replace the pipe. They removed the existing line in just a few hours and replaced it with black pipe. They also devised a way to replace a portion of the pipe without breaking through a wall which, I ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced approximately 50' of the hot water return line that connects to the boiler.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/18/2016

01/17/2017

In every case, a receptionist quickly understood the problem and arranged for prompt service. The service providers came on schedule and worked neatly and efficiently. The problems were completely resolved. The cost is painful, as plumbing work always is, but seems to be reasonable. The total I give below reflects expenditures on four visits for three problems (in one case, new equipment had to be...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
During 2016, Ranshaw came to solve three repair issues: a toilet, a sink faucet, and a shower hose. Two of these problems were major, one minor.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/17/2017

Plumbing, Heating, Gas & Oil Boiler Replacements & Repairs, Hot Water Heater Replacements, Heating System Design, & Sewer Stoppage Repairs.

Commercial Heating & A/C