SARA Companion Homecare Services Inc

Founded 2010 • Angie's List since April 2012

B Rated | 9 Reviews

SARA Companion Home Healthcare Services, Inc. is a highly trusted independently owned and operated company, and is a New York State Licensed Home Health Care Service Agency, bonded and insured. We’re proud to be one of the few home care agencies that earned an A rating with the Better Business Bureau. We are referred to by various organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Alzheimer’s Association, and MLTC companies. Our Mission Statement: SARA Companion Services is dedicated to being the premier homecare provider for older adults and their families. We will deliver affordable, quality, compassionate care, and preserve the dignity and respect each person in our care deserves. SARA Companions offers many options for those who need assistance and want to remain safely in their homes. SARA is defined as: a Skilled, Attentive, Reliable, Assistant. These words define who we are, and they’re part of everything we do. Each client’s needs are unique and matching our clients with a kind and compassionate caregiver that has experience with their particular needs. We provide the medical and non-medical services your loved one needs in the comfort of their home. We have trained caregivers for Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, Certified Home Health Aides (HHA’s), Certified Patient Care Assistants (PCA’s) We are proud to promote and facilitate safe, independent living for seniors in the privacy & comfort of their own home. Live-in or Hourly Care Available / Affordable Rates....

Westchester Stairlift LLC

Westchester Stairlift supports all of New York City plus Rockland, Putnam, Fairfield and Nassau. We service and install American-made Bruno Stairlifts and Wheelchair Lifts. We are a service focused family business that picks up the phone 7 days a week. Call us at (914) 709-5438 (LIFT) any time for information or to set up a free no obligation visit. This is our only business. We do all our own installation and service. Get a great lift at the best price for yourself, a loved one, a place of worship, or a business. Call and talk to an expert today. Some lifts can be installed within 24 hours!

05/15/2017

SARA was wonderful, they went above and beyond, they are so helpful. I needed 2 different aides, if one of the aides called in there was a replacement, if i did not like an aide, they replaced them. Staffing is wonderful and my sales representative, contacted me to be sure I was satisfied. I would recommend SARA home care agency hands down. Love them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have my husband who needed care 12 hours a day. He is bed bound, Needs Showing, bathing, dressing. Needs assistance walking and transfers

02/24/2017

I was assured by the director that this company specialized with caring for Alzheimer's patients. Unfortunately, when I asked the CNA that was sent by SARA if she had any prior experience with Alzheimer's patients she said no. This was my major concern, and hindsight is 20/20. I should have looked elsewhere but we were in need. However, this particular CNA treated my mother with respect, and I kne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They provided home health care for my mother.

CATEGORY

C

04/23/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider did not respond to my message through Angies List. I called them and the told me they were not aware that they had a Angies List account.

C

05/30/2014

I don't know if I would even recommend them to anybody else. They were supposed to send someone that had a car and the first person they sent didn't have a reliable car. She took a one-week leave and I think that the other person who came out didn't even have a car. They were friendly and charged about $15 an hour.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've used SARA Companion Services for my mom.

CATEGORY independent living

[member name removed]: This is the very reason why we no longer state that caregivers will have a vehicle. We have no control over the reliability and safety of their vehicles. Should transportation be needed, we attempt to use outside resources that are safe and reliable. SARA is mindful to keep both clients and caregivers safe.

02/19/2014

Originally I was going to hire the aide for 11 days while I was away, then I decided to have him come here one extra day so I could go over everything with him 24 hours before my departure. Although I chose to pay for an extra day to help the aide to understand all my husband's needs with food and medications2c I feel I should have been re-imbursed for that day due to what actually happened here i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed 24 hour live-in care for my husband while I was away. I had the sales person here and she was extremely convincing that her agency would provide me with excellent service and therefore hired them without meeting with a competitor. I also had spoken with someone at the office who also assured me that the sales department would be fair and would meet the competitor's rates. They did not meet the competitors rates, which had I used the company I did not meet with, 10 of the days would have been charged at a savings of 12.5%. (Weekend days were the same for both companies).

CATEGORY home elder care

SARA Companion Services has dedicated, professional staff that are required to follow policies and procedures. SARA Companion caregivers are subject to immediate dismissal for such conduct.SARA Companion Services has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau, and takes pride in the over whelming number of favorable reviews, and satisfied clients who refer our services on a daily basis.

Alzheimer's / Dementia Care Specialists, Diabetic Care, Kosher Diets, Multi-Lingual, Excellent Cooks, safeguarding, companionship/socialization, take walks, play cards/crafts, assist with cooking/baking, remind to take medication, accompany to appointments or community activities and functions, meal preparation, grocery shopping, and pick up medication from pharmacy.