Syracuse Orthopedic Specialists - Dewitt-Widewater

• Angie's List since April 2012

NA Rated | 37 Reviews

There are 20 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. To see if a provider is board certified visit abms.org...

02/12/2015

It was determined I would not go through surgery yet, so I was referred to New York spine and wellness.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went to Dr.Haher for a consult.

CATEGORY spine doctor

09/26/2014

It is a fairly large orthopedic practice. The office is a little bit of a car ride. He was recommended by a number of people I know who had hips done by him. I am very satisfied. He is very, very professional. It is very well organized. When I walk in, there is a receptionist right inside the door. Sometimes there is a slight line. It is an excellent practice and he is an excellent surgeon. He spe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He did a hip replacement.

CATEGORY hip replacement

06/29/2014

see above - he is up on the latest techniques, does not start with the 'dramatic' surgeries but explores alternative to surgery.  Will listen to your questions and find answers.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
to check on knee replacements that he had performed in 2007 - Dr. W is smart, thorough, responds to person's questions, and gave me the time I needed.

06/17/2014

I small wait time, maybe 5 minutes before I saw the doctor. Examination, x-rays, and making a follow up visit went very quickly. Was in and out of the office within a half hour of my scheduled appointment time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had the knuckles replaced on my left hand in March and this was  a follow up visit for that surgery.

D

06/10/2014

Still struggling with pain. Going for 3rd opinion, outside of SOS system.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Was seen in hand & wrist center for increasing pain, after work injury.  1st MD seen, had no bedside manner & I felt rushed both times I saw him. 2nd MD, much better, but follow up was with nurse practitioner, who never asked about my activity/work requirements, but kept me working, despite having had this pain for 4 months. Nurse practitioner also told me to do the opposite of what the physical therapist told me. Very poor care!

CATEGORY orthopedics

Orthopedics, Hand & Wrist, Shoulder & Arm, Spine & Neck, and Sports Medicine, Hips, Knee & Leg.