Roland J Down Service Experts

A 312 Reviews

Founded 1952 • Angie's List since July 2006

13 AIRPORT RD

Schenectady, NY 12302

Additional DBA - Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning D A. Bennett Service Experts. Service Experts Heating and Air Conditioning was established with the understanding of providing customers with the most excellent heating and cooling practices in the industry....

hvac repair (286)plumbing (24)water heater repair and installation (17)air duct cleaning (15)drain cleaning (2)carpet installation (1)basement remodeling (2)

05/16/2020

It was a good experience. They were at my house within an hour and a half and they even had to drive an hour which was awesome. They were able to do the repair with parts he already had and it was finished quick and everything is great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a pipe leaking in the main water valve

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/13/2020

03/28/2020

Misquoted amount of sales tax. I gave them the NY Department of Revenue webpage URL for determining sales tax rate based on address where transaction occurs, they blew me off. I haven't agreed to sign the contract.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
maintenance agreement

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/28/2020

03/18/2020

Diagnosis completed. Currently deciding which option of the several available is the best one to pursue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Diagnose/repair furnace problem

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/16/2020

C

02/28/2020

they charged $300 for a part that cost no more than $50 plus taxes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
no heat in house

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/26/2020

12/12/2019

I used them 2 times over decades for heating/air conditioning needs, and it was fine. Called about my plumbing problem - they charge $99 just for COMING OVER TO LOOK! Any labour is extra..... Never will use a company that uses such shabby practices. I have a plumber coming over tomorrow, to give me a no-obligations estimate....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replace washing machine shut-off valves

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

COST $99,999,999

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/12/2019

We understand how frustrating plumbing expenses can be and apologize if we did not do a better job of explaining our prices. All pricing includes our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for 365 days as well as 24/7/365 support. We apologize for any confusion. Thank you.
D

11/03/2019

They said someone would come Friday between 4 and 6. I had to leave at 6:30, so I called at 6 and he was running an hour late, so I rescheduled for Saturday between 4 and 6pm. He finally arrived at around 7. He then changed the (admittedly very dirty) furnace filter and the heater started right up. Then he showed me a bit of how the furnace works, showed me some rust in the burner enclosure (norma...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace troubleshooting / repair

COST $170.64

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2019

05/03/2019

The furnace was making a terrible rattling noise intermittently when the blower motor turned on. I called them Saturday morning, and they said they would arrive between 4pm and 6pm that day. They called at 5pm and said they would be there in 30 minutes. They were right on schedule. By the time he got here, the blower had fixed itself and it was no longer making noise, so he could not easily diagno...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
inspection / repair of furnace blower / motor

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/27/2019

C

03/15/2019

They were called on the basis of an annual service contract I purchased for approx. $275. Besides annual maintenance and cleaning, the contracts buys priority in answering emergency calls. All fine and well. My complaint has to do with the exorbitant overcharges for replacing a $25 furnace igniter and their service manager's response when I called to complain about the final bill of $350 for what ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The igniter on gas furnace burned out and needed to be replaced.

COST $349.92

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/22/2019

01/07/2018

Terrible service. They would not give me a time they were coming out until the last minuet making it hard to plan to be home. When the service man arrived he also brought a salesman with him. He barely looked at the unit instead letting the salesman run the visit. The service man had minimal knowledge about the unit deposited the company having the equipment information prior to the visit. The tra...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called and requested a service call on a heat pump unit that was not heating efficiently.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/05/2018

We apologize for your experience. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and working with the General Manager to make your overall experience favorable.
D

09/07/2017

Technician arrived late and refused to begin job on same day. Returned on time at noon the following day. Job was completed in a fairly timely manner but technician misrepresented final cost. Paid an outrageous sum for a relatively minor repair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix small leaking pipe joint above bathroom ceiling by shower stall.

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2017

We sincerely apologize if you feel that we have not provided the best service possible. Please contact us at CustomerService[At]ServiceExperts.com with the full name on the account, your address, and a phone number where we can reach you. We would like to work with you to resolve any issues.

Air conditioning, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, attic insulation, green solutions & water heaters.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check